AAC week 3/NCAA Week 3 games thread

Some big ones:
UH v 20 Wash State.
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/washington-state-cougars-vs-houston-cougars-prediction-picks-2019

Stan @ 17 UCF.
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/stanford-cardinal-vs-ucf-knights-prediction-picks-2019

21 MD @ Temple.
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/maryland-terrapins-vs-temple-owls-prediction-picks-2019

ECU @ Navy in the AAC.
Navy -7.5 right now.

SWT @ SMU
Miami -Ohio @Cinnci

Tulsa coming off a nice win @San Jose
Gets Okie State @ Tulsa (then Wyoming at home next week)

Tulane, Memphis, USF (hopefully) w snoozers.

National Games w TV Channels/spreads.
Texas Tech +2 at Arizona is intriguing if your a gambler.
Bonghorns -32 @ Rice.

Do you like Tech and the points on this one? I want to go with the Red Raiders but concerned about going out West and the very late start time. However, I did take the Under (77) because of this and Arizona’s questionable coaching and poor OC…

Leading 20-15, on 4th and 11 from its own 3, Temple punted a booming 7 yards all the way out to its own 10 to give Mayland the ball 1st and goal. The long snapper already bounced one through the end zone for a safety earlier in the game.

Temple held Maryland for the 3rd goal line stand. #21 Maryland that is.

I’m watching it wrap up now.
Temple defense just fierce today.
Take away the Temple special teams mistakes & its not even close.

So Temple is 2-0 after beating #21 Maryland who was 2-0 until today’s loss.

Stanford @ UCF on ESPN now.
14-0 UCF w 10:40 left in the 1st

UCF 21, Stanford 7, 1st qtr

Anyone else think UCF is going to beat us by more than OU did?

2 Likes

Scouting UNT because Tulane practically has a bye week. UNT’s star Wr just went down and hurt his knee. Not good.

Tulsa up 21 to 20 v Okie Lite,
Close to 1/2 time.

UCF 31, Stanford 7 with 4 1/2 minutes left in 2nd quarter.

Turning into a bloodbath in Florida.

That’s how you get it done. Aside from their game against us this season, I’m rooting for them to go as far as possible.

3 Likes

If UCF was in “power” conference they would have been a preseason top 10 team.

1 Like

The AAC is a good conference. We should live up to the quality of the AAC.

3 Likes

No because Stanford is not the typical Stanford it has been the last 10 years.

Regardless, glad UCF is dominating Stanford as it makes the conference looms better. Fingers crossed that Tulsa wins over Oklahoma state!

That can’t be right. Tulsa? The team everyone wants to kick out of the AAC?

1 Like

The AAC a good conference… we have quality “starters” …its just hard to build depth but big wins consistently will influence some recruits. We get the TV exposure and we have many programs that are committed to building themselves up to the next level.

While Holgerson rebuilds, we just have to pay our Applewhite tax.

4 Likes

The Gold standard: UCF is, 26-1 in their last 27 games, with what looks like a stomping of Stanford today will be 5-1 during that time versus Big 5 conference teams and outscored those opponents during that run by a resounding 661 points…only loss was to LSU. The ACC could do worse than adding them. I’m sure neither Miami or FSU would want that but both those programs are looking up at UCF.

1 Like