AAC win totals-over/under

"Houston – 8.5 (Over): Another team with a first-year coach (Major Applewhite), Houston should pick up where it left off because of the great shape the program was left in by its former coach (Tom Herman). Texas A&M transfer Kyle Allen projects to start at quarterback and Duke Catalon, another transfer, is on the verge of a breakout year. Add in sophomore sensation Ed Oliver along the D-line, and the Cougars are stacked again. An intriguing nonconference schedule plus a pair of difficult road games at Temple and USF makes the under an attractive option. Ultimately, though, Houston has enough talent to hit the over. "

2 Likes

I just can’t get on the USF 10+ wins train. They feel like Houston circa 2016, without the defense. Granted, the non-conference schedule is ridiculously easy, and their conference schedule isn’t much better, but those last 3 games starting with Houston, Tulsa and @UCF seem like a mine field for them. Lose those three and they aren’t in the conference championship.

Just think that losing Marlon Mack, a huge part of their offense, as well as their slot WR, Rodney Adams, feels too much like Houston losing Farrow/Jackson and Ayers last year. Flowers should be good, but he won’t have his too favorite weapons this year.

4 Likes

I stopped reading after your first sentence and liked your post.

3 Likes

Exactly…

It’s going to come down to quarterback (not proven) & cornerback play. Cornerback is the glaring weakness I see.

1 Like

Cornerback is going to come down to how much the young guys improved in the offseason. I see it more as a glaring question mark than a glaring weakness…at least at this point.

4 Likes

Agree it’s a ? but Big Ed and company busting heads up front will help our CBs big time.