About 2000 tickets sold of UH allotment

According to Yurachek on JD’s periscope. That we fell just a little short of San Diego State which is reasonable since it’s only a 5 hour drive. $60 in gas per car load and not needing to book a hotel room is a lot easier to budget (on two week notice) than $300 flight and $120 hotel (2 nights) per person.

I think we could have had twice that many had it been about 4 weeks notice on a different year but this year I don’t think we get 2k on Christmas Eve or New Years Eve game.

Hopefully there is a big walk up crowd because Utah and BYU’s “holy war” had 38k last year. If UH and SDSU don’t get half that, it hurts future bowl invites.

$300 flight? Where did yoi find that? Everything was closer to $500. I would have gone had I found that flight.

4 Likes

I drove to Vegas. Got here with my family today. We went to the Grand Canyon on the way. My son needed campouts for Boy Scouts rank advancement. Killed a few birds with one stone. Seven of us total.

11 Likes

Just landed in Vegas.
We as fans need to get off of in front of our computers and show up to support their team. Making memories has no price tag.

2 Likes

I think there will be more than half of last year’s game. Nice get would be to break 30K for the game which might happen as there aren’t a whole lot of tickets available on StubHub - lowest price is $6.

1 Like

What? It has a very exact price tag. If it doesn’t fit in one’s budget there isn’t much one can do about it. Vegas didn’t. This is the first bowl game I have missed since 2008.

4 Likes

There is always a price tag for making memories. You sounded like a Zales commercial. There is also a matter of time. Unless you are making 6 figures and live on a 5 figure budget, you can’t just charter a jet to flight out there before the game and back after the game. Which means you have to plan a whole weekend trip. With two weeks notice, many have BIGGER commitments this close to Christmas with family and friends.

4 Likes

There’s no reason to browbeat people reading this board. Most people here show up to games and have season tickets and some do way more than that. We do more than about 95% of UH alums.

As for me, I’d rather make memories with my father for whom this will be his last Christmas. UH will be there next year.

2 Likes

Please. Save that crap. You think people who could afford to go and had the time to go decided to just watch on TV from home? There is supporting the team and there is dealing with real-life responsibilities. Those responsibilities are going to come first. Mortgage, car payment, Christmas gifts, bills, etc. are going to come first. The game was announced within 2 weeks of it taking place. That is going to be an hindrance to most financially and practically when trying to fit it in schedules.

For you to come on this board and try to “shame” people because they couldn’t go is bull. Complete bull. You situation is not everyone’s situation. Last year I got to go to the Peach Bowl and was fortunate to do so, but totally understood all the fans who had to watch from Houston. I didn’t jump on the board and insinuate that the people who couldn’t go were any less of a fan.

1 Like

These types of threads always go well.

1 Like

What type of thread is this?

1 Like

The type where some folks try to shame others for not going to a game - there’s always someone who probably never goes to games who dogs others because the ticket sales numbers look bad.

To keep with the spirit of being drug down into this conversation ESPN/ABC cares more about eyeballs on the TV, so having my 3 Uverse receivers turned onto ABC tomorrow will do more for future invites than your measily butt in the seat in Vegas…so there!!!

(sarcasm…kinda)
(slow work day)

2 Likes

I looked at several different options from driving to Dallas and flying, to driving one way or round trip, to busses, etc. I just couldn’t find one that both fit my budget and my availability. If it had been next weekend, I would have had more time to drive. I will watch on tv. Also I wanted to buy merchandise from the bowl game directly but they never put any online.

2 Likes

Needed campout nights? You need to find a better troop.Our Troop in Sugar Land went camping every month. In fact, the kids liked hiking and camping we rarely hauled the trailer and they carried it all on their backs. Never heard of needing to garner camping nights. Honestly, that doesn’t sound like a great troop if you can’t get them through troop camping.

I would of gone in a heartbeat had the flights been $300. $500ish is what I saw right after the announcement and unfortunately kept me from going. Who knows if I could of made up the $500 on the penny slots. Ha

Will be there in spirit but will watch in H-town…unless someone has a last minute cancellation and needs a name change! :grin: Go Coogs!

1 Like

Small church troop. We camp about once a quarter as a troop. However, my family and I campout on road trips every year, so half a dozen of one six of the other. As long as he makes eagle, we are good. He is only 11.

dskillztown, you idiot

Always good to get some Boy Scout smack mixed in…

2 Likes

I looked earlier this week, and SW was $1200 for a RT!

I’d rather stay home to watch and send that money to CP or the 46ers.

2 Likes