About 2000 tickets sold of UH allotment

Spirit airlines was at $675 a couple days ago. About $300 to $550 more than normal. Factor in missing a day of work and going unpaid…no can do.

Best wishes to you and your son. My son got his Eagle and I served as COR for several years with our Troop. You are in for a great adventure and I applaud you guys.

2 Likes

Its very simple. The more expensive it is, the smaller percentage of your fan base can attend. The less “special” the game is the less are interested in going. Finally, the more time consuming the bowl is to attend and the shorter the notice, the fewer people can get off work to go. Being a far away bowl with lots of travel time required on a relatively short notice—this bowl was targeting about the smallest percentage of our fan base of any bowl in recent memory. Only the Hawaii Bowls come to mind at being worse at targeting a limited percentage of the fan base.

3 Likes

It’s a high paying bowl so the conference is cool with it. And we get to party at The Nugget and the kids have a great time.

Ridiculous to use this as a gauge for future bowl invites. This is all about TV, which we’ll likely deliver good ratings. I live in L.A., which is driveable, but with two weeks notice, I have scouting with my son, and two other activities alone. I don’t miss bowl games, and would love this if it was next week. Not to mention the short notice to take off work (not an option according to the day I just had), and it’s a no go. I applaud the Coogs that went, and those that tried but were grounded due to weather.

Plus it is a great tv slot for exposure. Although, I wonder how much some of yall lost at the Nugget… I guess it goes right back to the Fertita Center.