AD releases new rendering of Fertitta Center

You may be right, but I don’t think so; the picture of The Pit is just below the picture that I think is ours!

1 Like

Calm your tits - we’ll have actual seats. :slight_smile:

This ain’t TDECU that after a quarter, your back is aching.

All 3 pics are of the Pit arena.

Indeed they are! Take a look at the video board in the top picture, with the American flag on the left and the New Mexico flag on the right. And then you can see the same flags in shadow in the second picture, with “The Pit” prominent on the floor. All of that is even clearer in the third picture.

Can’t wait to see what type of class coach Sampson brings in
in 2018.

I think CKS won’t have to go the Juco route that much in the future
unless you get a real good player like Rob Gray or Devin Davis.

http://uhcougarpride.com/fertittacenter/index.html

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/838836818741178372
https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/838836986538491904
https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/838837186355167232

I have not yet really studied the seating requirements, but after a hasty look, two things seem apparent. First, I need one ticket - not two; so I guess I will just have to stay home because seats seem to be available only in pairs. And, I have had season tickets on the sidelines now for 67 consecutive years, but if I can even get in, I will be sitting in the end zone from now on; no way can I afford to give them $5,000.00 in addition to buying the tickets to sit on the sidelines.

My first impression is that “they really don’t want my business any more.” Apparently, the athletic department has completely lost their minds! I predict a HUGE REDUCTION in fans next year! They won’t need an arena that seats anywhere near 7,000!

Tell me where I am wrong, and I hope I am!

5 Likes

Colleges need to realize that there is a segment of affluent fans that can afford to pay for buildings to help build the program and to be catered to, opulence, etc. but there is another segment of hardcore fans that do not have money but will cheer there hearts out and simply want to watch there team. UH needs to set aside some reasonably priced seats for that segment of fans. Both groups are important and a healthy mix is important.

1 Like

Sure didn’t seem like an issue in Hoffheinz Pablo.

Hey EatEmUp, your WRONG:
Wow, talk about an over reaction. It’s a new arena, how else do you think we are going to pay for it? The arena is two years away and you’re concerned about getting one season ticket. I am sure they will make singles available once were a year out. Why don’t you just buy tickets with a friend and get a pair? Quit complaining.

So, I assume you are donating $100,000 plus the price of tickets for four barcaloungers
 since it is reasonably priced. 
or are you coming in at $100,000 plus tickets for the courtside seats? Oh my bad, you are cool with paying for it - then I expect you in at $200,000 for FOUR courtside seats. Throw in four loge seats while you are at it and take that up another $60,000.

We can barely get people to pay $10 for a ticket to show up
 wait correction, we can’t get people to show for $10. Yes, it is a new arena, and yes, there will be double to triple the prices per game, but c’mon! Basic economics say that there has to be a demand for a product to charge a premium. Good luck UH Athletics!

I am extremely appreciative of what Tilman Fertitta has done for UH and for his generous gift to make this project happen, but I think you are going to see an enormous amount of luxury seating options open come tipoff in two years.

1 Like

I’m with you. Been watching UH basketball since the 60’s. Since I average about 10 games a year that’s a whole lot of games. And that’s a 50 mile round trip sometimes in really bad weather. But the surcharge being placed on all the best seats may mean I’ll have to make some adjustments. No way can I fork over thousands of dollars. I’m already paying through the nose for football tickets. Nothing is free. I get that. But this is going to make a lot of older, long-term fans make some tough decisions.

1 Like

renovation has started.

3 Likes

I hear you guys, but I don’t buy the “they’re not gonna fill that thing” argument, about especially comparing it to Hof’s attendance.

Robertson was struggling to sellout 32k, yet we built a 40k stadium and have had several sellouts in only 3 years.

If Sampson keeps the trajectory, there will be a demand and rich people like shiny things.

And if you’re budget conscious, just be patient.

2 Likes

I agree, Brad. Fertitta Center will only have a capacity of 7,500 seats. I expect a few sell outs in the opening year because Houston loves new things.

A post was split to a new topic: Town Hall regarding Fertitta Center - 1st session - March 29th