Additional Heat Applied to Dana

About 1 hour ago.

3 Likes

There should always be heat applied to Dana. He makes $4M a year. An absolute joke he’s being paid more than Sampson.

6 Likes

I am willing to bet that’ll change probably by the end of the season if we go where we all think we can

1 Like

What makes you think we’re going in that direction this coming season? Just curious. I’d like to hear your thoughts. I like some of the recruits, but I’m not convinced Dana’s offense is going to cut it. I’ve watched it for the last two years, and I don’t see us getting much better running the same scheme. Is our entire offensive line revamped? Did we bring in a stud transfer quarterback or will we rely on a true freshman to lead this team? Defense was actually pretty good last year, but now we have a new DC. Our stud freshman DL might not be back because of legal trouble. Lots of?’s. Same OC and same plays.

3 Likes

If Dana’s offense doesn’t run well it doesn’t work. That alone will define the success of his offense.

I’m unpleasantly surprised at the recruiting results.
I’m concerned.

6 Likes

What are you talking about?

Was Sampson feeling additional pressure after 12/31/2015?

5 Likes

Ridiculous topic, and I’m being nice.

8 Likes

When is it time to get concerned? 7-13 through 2 seasons and chatter about bars…

2 Likes

The time to be concerned was when the genius brigade should have realized he was walking into the aftermath of the collapse of the house of cards that had “sustained” UH football up to that point.

3 Likes

Makes sense

During the Dana press video he mentioned more than once that he well knows that his Team’s record is below what CougarLand expects and deserves.

Went out of his way to compliment Sampson and to report that he attends Cougar Basketball Home Games.

Sampson has set the standard and is clearly on Dana to produce good teams.

If Sampson makes The Final Four Dana’s you-know-whats will tighten up even more.

2 Likes

This basketball/football cause and effect is absurd.

6 Likes

Must not be since Dana specifically mentioned it during his video conference.

2 Likes

Football $$$ is King but quick search says a Sweet 16 is worth $5M and a Final 4 is $8M. MBB is definitely helping the coffers these days.

8 Likes

I don’t get the connection. CDH’s backside is already warm and will be downright toasty if he delivers an outcome in '21 like he did in '20.

2 Likes

Watch his video from a few days ago. He mentions Sampson and the standard he has established for winning at UH.

Most understand that Dana is on the hot seat and that our Administration can simply look at Basketball as to what UH wants for Football.

1 Like

If Dana does get shown the door in the fall, where do y’all think he will go in '22? Reunite with Kliff with the AZ Cardinals or Leach at MS State? Back to the Big 12 as OC? He would certainly have options.

Dana will be preparing for the bowl game and after the bowl will be preparing for spring practice here for the 2022 season.

12 Likes

Coaches and money. 351 D1 College basketball teams . . . . . 254 D1 College football teams . . . . . basketball coaches are responsible for about 14 players while football coaches are responsible for 70ish players . . . . . success aside football coaches should earn 4 or 5 times more than basketball coaches, just because of the added responsibilities . . . . .

1 Like