Additional Heat Applied to Dana

And Sampson got to campus with like 4 guys on his roster. Lol.

With some of the worst facilities in the entire country.

Playing against actual brands in basketball. And he held his own. And now he is dominating.

Can Holgy do the same? His path is easier, not harder, than Sampson’s. He has world class facilities to recruit to. He’s getting top dollar to fill out his staff. Stop throwing shots at what CKS has done.

8 Likes

You are comparing basketball to football again and it is apples to oranges. 5 on a basketball court and 11 on football field. All the good players in the football program that would of been here were taken by Judas and others decided not to come when he left. We had to scramble and fill wholes in the depth chart with subpar talent compared to what would of had if not for Judas. Than Applesauce dumbly decided not to redshirt in a logical manner meaning that we lost eligibility on players we did have. Football needs a whole lot more depth than basketball and Holgerson took over a program with no depth especially at Oline and the skills positions.

1 Like

Holgy still can’t recruit with the chance of winning a national championship like Sampson can because of the Ncaa tournament, that is the albatross hanging over the football side we are G5 with our ceiling a NY6 bowl. Hopefully something changes in the near future

1 Like

No one is asking him to recruit like that. I know I am not.

But he should be able to recruit with anyone in the conference. Like Fickell is destroying it. Boise always recruits well.

This is Houston. Not Coastal Carolina. Time to start acting like it. The excuses are nauseating.

And it gets even better when people try to diminish Sampson’s accomplishments to make Holgy look better.

6 Likes

And guess what?? Holgy gets 25 scholarships a year to fill out his recruiting class. To fill those needs. Just like every other team in the country.

2 Likes

Sampson could not even show actual facilities his first few years here. He could only show renderings. Of the Fertitta Center. Of the Guy V Lewis practice facility. He literally took recruits to his office. And nowhere near Hofheinz. That’s how much of a disadvantage he was at when he started here.

2 Likes

Yes and many times you want to redshirt quite a few of those players for gaining knowledge of the program. Dana was not able to do that the first two years because he had to go back and redshirt many players who were not in their first year here, so there would be some kind of depth on the roster he could build on. It took 7 years for Sampson to get the basketball program to where it is. You are one of the delusional fans who wants Dana to do it in 3 or fire him. It takes time to build up depth at the skills positions and Oline which is not comparable to basketball. UH was barron at the skills positions in depth and most definitely at the O-line positions.

2 Likes

UAB literally had no program for a few years. And they have never had any seasons like Holgy has had since they came back.

4 Likes

I have never said to fire Dana. Not once. Especially before his contract runs out. Try again.

1 Like

Didn’t take Sampson 7 years.

Took him 4 years to get to 27-8. And our first Tourney win in like 30 years.

5 years to get to 33-4 and a Sweet 16 berth. Something we had not done since the 80s.

Took him 7 years to get to a Final Four. Wow. Some coaches NEVER go to a Final Four.

6 Likes

Can he at least recruit to be the best G5? Even in our own G5 conference?

2 Likes

“Didn’t take Sampson 7 years. Took him 4 years to get to 27 - 8.” I propose we give Dana the same 4 years to see what he can do.

I never said we shouldn’t? We gotta give him the entirety of his contract.

Unfortunately there will be too many fans calling for him to be fired if we have another sub par season. I think the pressure to fire him will just simply be too much to make it worth keeping him. But i still have faith he can turn it around despite what everyone is saying.

Can you people stop comparing CKS with CDH.
I am going to give you an example that is going to crystal clear for you.
Gonzaga can become National, true National Champion.
CDH can’t. The cartel including the ncaa won’t allow the G5’s to compete for it.
It was previously mentioned CKS can recruit players because of March Madness.
Believe it or not (that is your own choice) CDH was left with a very “thin” roster.
He has been in place since 2019.
2019, get it?
He is in his third year while we are finishing dealing with china virus.
How many games were cancelled last year?
How is that for building a program?
Above you need repetition, repetition, repetition, yes repetition to build a team.
This year it seems that finally we are having some training consistency.
I am pumped for this season. This is your choice to keep complaining until the season starts.
How is that productive for you? Ask yourself this question. Should you concentrate your thoughts on negativity? Just wait, watch then make your appreciation.

2 Likes

Most will find this meaningless but I find it very interesting.

Have seen photos of Fertitta, Dr. Khator, and A.D. Pezman at our Final Four.

All 3 dressed in Cougar Red. And all the fans. As one would expect.

Then Dana arrives. Dressed in black. Wearing a black Nike hat. Not a Cougar hat. Not an iota of Cougar red on him.

I think this is purposeful. He is the rebel. Not gonna do the traditional thing that all others are doing.

Far fetched? Maybe.

Just a feeling. Something not lining up.

2 Likes

To be fair nothing ever really lines up with Dana, just like you said he likes being a contrarian.

But on topic there is no added pressure to Dana because of Sampson. There’s enough pressure on the team because they haven’t done well, and outside of the slurpiest of slurps the excuse window is shutting. We all agree he inherited a mismanaged and depleted roster and last year was kind of a waste of a year.

But he’s now had the time to turn over a decent chunk of roster, implement systems, and has a manageable schedule (at least on paper). It is completely fair in this year too expect a big jump in the product on the field and there to be major pressure to do it. I’m not saying I expect him to have us looking at an NY6 next season, I do expect 8 wins out of this schedule if we are making the progress we are supposed to be making.

2 Likes

And from reports, he left the University of West Virginia in the same state of disrepair that he inherited here.

2 Likes

Spring Training resumes tomorrow.

Our Football Board will now return to Life.

2 Likes

This is the thing that gets me. Even if you believe that Dana inherited a program in shambles (I don’t) what’s the argument that he’s made it better?

2 Likes