Aggie-Iowa (Ags W 3-2)

Hawkeyes winning after 3, 1-0

Aggies started Corbin Martin after starting Brigham Hill yesterday so we’d see Stephen Kolek tomorrow. Kolek’s a bit of a step down from those two.

Iowa is going with Nick Gallagher who was their ace this year.

3 run homer Aggie in the 4th. 3-1

Iowa gets one back in the 5th on an Adams blast. 3-2

Need some more offense from both sides. Don’t like to see starters still pitching.

1 Like

Ags win 3-2. We get Iowa again tomorrow at 3. Winner faces A&M at 8.

I’m guessing we might be getting in to a slug-fest with Iowa, but the Farmers still have good pitchers left, correct?

According to the Iowa site, they’ll start Drake Robison or Elijah Wood. Both have ERAs over 5 and haven’t pitched many innings. Robison pitched well last week in the B1G championship as he pitched 7 inning and gave up 4 hits and 1 run against Northwestern. Robison is a bit more of a power pitcher, but also gives up more walks. Either way, the Coogs should score runs.

So is Ullom out for sure.

I don’t know, I haven’t seen it reported anywhere, but CTW doesn’t like to give out too much info ahead of time. I heard it from someone connected to the program, so take it for what that’s worth, but the word is that Henry will start the first game today.

Sounds logical. I was very surprised that Ullom didn’t go Friday so it all adds up. #johnnywholestaff