Aggies do less with more?

Or what???

Or he should be FIRED!!!

Renu said we fire coaches at 8-4.

What if Dana gives us another 4-8???

Improving the schools academics and non-athletic buildings, building amenities the athletes will use, hiring better faculty and administration, etc.

It’s not complicated really.

my butt will be in my unless I am in a hospital or dead.

4 Likes

Yes. That is what I am saying. His buyout makes firing extremely prohibitive till post year 3, and more that likely post year 4.

Actually, Renu said we fire coaches who go 8-5. That doesn’t mean all coaches – especially ones with such a huge buyout. But please, stop bringing up a flippant statement made at a party as the actual policy of the school.

4 Likes

Even if UH lost all its FB games this year (which is not going to happen), CDH will not lose his job this year. IMHO, it is incomprehensible for a UH fan to think that CDH might not be here for several more years, irregardless of our record.

1 Like

Actually, I’d be pissed if he kept his job after losing 10 games. We’re obviously not going to lose 10 games, but I agree with those that say that he would and should be fired if he did so this upcoming season.

Applewhite got fired for far less.

That said, we’d better not have another 4-8 season, as I said.

We are paying that guy too much for him to go under .500.

2 Likes

Ryon, unless you are personally willing to raise and fund $20+ million to fire CDH, then you’re just dreaming or acting delusional to think that CDH would be fired anytime soon at UH.

Applewhite got fired for being totally incompetent as a head coach at UH. CDH has already shown that he is competent both as an OC at UH in the Case Keenum era as well as as HC at West Virginia. There is absolutely no valid comparison in the experience, success and capabilities of those two coaches.

1 Like

What’s this “we” crap !!

I don’t think “we” are footing much of the bill.

“We” are footing at least a part of the athletics bill IF “we” are donating to the program, as many/most of us are.

1 Like

It’s incomprehensible? But getting fired after year 2 is exactly what happened to Major Applewhite.

We can’t afford to fire CDH regardless. Granted that’s what I thought of applewhites contract. But we still can’t afford it unless tilman decides to help.

And you can be certain that he will if DH loses 10 games…or even goes 4-8 again!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/cougars/amp/University-of-Houston-faces-a-widening-money-gap-12997349.php

STUPIDEST wandering off on a thread EVER!!! CDH isnt going to lose, he is going to win…and i dont mean in 2 or 3 years, i mean NEXT year…

4 Likes

I certainly hope so!

And as the poly prez…I BELIEVE so!!!

That was 2 years too long. !!

If you give to cougar pride, you are giving to ALL programs