Ahead of Cincinnati, fans respond to Tune’s performance

Some Patrick Ray dude in the article…man…

“I was impressed by his running ability and look forward to seeing what he can do for the rest of the season,” said Patrick Ray, who has been a fan of the Cougars since 1988. “The snaps were better. I liked how Tune led the scoring drive right after halftime. We needed that coming off the last three games.”

21 Likes

That guy won’t stop talking:

“When (Kelvin) Sampson took over the basketball program, it was in about as bad a shape as one can get,” Ray said. “He got us out of that hole, but it took time. Now, we have a great new arena and nearly sellout crowds after two NCAA Tournament appearances. We have to keep that energy for the football program."

11 Likes

Just like in basketball, the football team will be great before the fans.

2 Likes

This is a true statement from the article:
“It is disappointing fans would not support the players, regardless of their record,” Lawrence said. “If they saw the excitement and passion of the players at UNT, it was clearly seen that they were giving their best. I see no quit in the team, so fans should not quit on them.”

Those who decide to stay home Saturday are within their rights. I just wonder how many will later claim to be huge fans and even claim they stayed the course and didn’t miss a game.

7 Likes

red80, i cannot imagine any of our fans staying home on a beautiful. perfect Saturday afternoon for football. I think we will have a big crowd. Hoping…

10 Likes

He sounded pretty insightful and objective to me.

3 Likes

Now Patrick is going to forget all about us. He hit the big time like the Pawdcast.

11 Likes

Nah, no plans to leave.

2 Likes

I will believe it when you are posting next May

5 Likes

With the Astros advancing and playing in the ALCS on Saturday night, I’m glad this is a 2:30 start.

2 Likes

Said Tom herman right before the eye twitch :sunglasses:

2 Likes