Alabama Transfer Anoma Dismissed

I don’t know The_Coog. Tune has never nor will ever look like King his junior year. Doesn’t look like a “fluke” to me. Watch the video:

Him leaving was a big gut punch to the program IMO. I’m more excited about the freshman coming in than Tune.

1 Like

Seems to me that every year people are excited about the freshmen coming in.

4 Likes

It was an even bigger gut punch when we started 1-3 last year and it was obvious King wasn’t excelling in the new offense and then quit with the intention of leaving

7 Likes

I agree and it still sucks, given what we saw last year at that position. And a shout out to Mike! Of course people are excited about freshman coming in, when the anointed junior didn’t look exactly great last year compared to what we lost. That is all. I’m all in on our Coogs, but just dang sure disappointed at the current picture. That is all. Go Coogs!

Our defense should be very improved and if it isn’t I think most of us will be shocked.
If the offensive line improves I think we finish with a winning record. Tune and Stevenson should be one of the best combos in the country.
My biggest concern is keeping Tune healthy because we lack depth at qb. Hopefully someone steps up.
I am actually starting to turn it around and getting excited about the coming season. But my expectations have changed from a year ago when many thought we had a possible Heisman candidate lol

1 Like

Butch, that was a real head scratcher for me. He was badly missing open WRs last season that would be routine completions before. When he had time to throw and the WR was open, it is just a matter of throwing it to him – no thinking of the system – just throw it. I just don’t understand what his problem was, but he was definitely off his game.

I certainly hope he gets his mojo back for his sake. I’m not a Miami fan, but I still appreciate King and wish him the best.

9 Likes

This is a highlight video. I know King is a good QB but he had plenty lowlights this year. Tune has yet to play his Junior year. We’ll see.

In reality, he completed his freshman year last year !!

Thanks…Apple Boy !!

2 Likes

Hopefully he has turned his life around. If so, the University of Tennessee at Martin is getting a heck of a player though he’s probably one-and-done.

1 Like

And since hes dropping down to FCS he is eligible immediately. This could be a big deal for UT-Martin

He should be unblockable at FCS. I hope he’s learned and turns things around.

I was expecting him to go to a place like Western Kentucky.

This guy is trying to get to the NFL as soon as possible. Going to Western Kentucky would mean he would have to sit another year. UTM means he is a one-and-done and will be in the '21 draft instead of '22. Although FCS, I think it was a good move on his part.

2 Likes

True, if he is a sure NFL lock which it appears to be. But he will be a man against boys. They play Memphis again this season, a game to watch.

UT-M plays Alabama this season. That might be interesting.

1 Like

Doubtful.

Bama will let them have the first quarter then it will be a slaughter.

Even at the FCS level, don’t be surprised if some senior dominated O Line that Anoma plays against takes him out of his game with superior technique and discipline, especially if he thinks all he has to do is show up to dominate the opposition.

1 Like

Trust me - he’s going to play 90%

Enough to play hard but not get hurt

©Copyright 2017 Coogfans.com