Alabama Transfer Anoma Dismissed

Better not be. Coach gave a chance to a talented guy. Anoma decided not to make the most of it.

10 Likes

he was playing linebacker at UHā€¦which we are super thing atā€¦

1 Like

Anoma? Thatā€™s news to me. Weā€™re also not thin at linebacker. With Kirven, Mutin, Edgeston, Robinson, Carmouche, Caesar.

3 Likes

Hold on! Itā€™s only February. Whoā€™s next?

1 Like

just going by what caches saidā€¦ the same coaches are the ones that said we are super thin at linebackerā€¦when kirven was injured a for a littleā€¦the coaches said we had no depth to begin with and just took a massive blowā€¦that the linebacker spot was thin

He will sign with SMU.

1 Like

Not if he is an academic failure he wont. SMU is a tougher school than ours.

1 Like

Edgeston was already out. As was Carmouche. Thereā€™s a reason they only took 1 LB this year. Because thatā€™s all they needed. Anoma was playing DE here. But it doesnā€™t matter. Heā€™s gone.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Blame? If the young man knew and understood the rules and chose to break them anyway, itā€™s on him. Kudos to the current staff for enforcing said rules.

10 Likes

LB is the least of our worries. Corner is still a question mark and so is a pure pass rusher outside of Anenih. Cesar should see the field and if the league starts calling holding on the LTs that ā€œblockā€ Parrish, we should he better at that.

lets seeā€¦

star QB left
5 star transfer LB kicked off team
underwhelming recruiting class

am I missing anything?

4 Likes

Yup. Iā€™m not worried about DE, and even less worried about LB. we are nowhere near thin there. We have like 7-8 guys. And weā€™ll play a lot with only 2 LBs on the field at a time.

1 Like

The lights do seem a little dimmer.

1 Like

Star QB leaving was always a given.

Weā€™ll also have two Juco all-Americans being added to our D-Line. Tell me what was underwhelming about our recruiting class? And youā€™ll have to do better than the team ranking, which I couldnā€™t care less about.

3 Likes

He was only a star qb for one year under briles. He looked terrible last year and there is a good chance that one good year will end up being a total fluke. I dont see him being relevant at miami.

1 Like

What are you missing? It isnt the panic button thatā€™s for sure. :joy:

3 Likes

so youā€™re saying weā€™re better off without him then?

its ok, im bitter about it too.

Iā€™m not shocked. He was always a risk.

1 Like

I mean we are no better or worse, but yes i would actually argue we are better. A qb who canā€™t throw beyond 10 yards does not belong on this team.