All Inclusive 2021 Tourney Proposal

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1303695772530151428

Thoughts???

1 Like

What?? Lol

1 Like

Seems like a bad idea and out of nowhere. More teams (and maybe fans) traveling around for the tournament seems like the opposite of what should be happening.

The only way this makes any sense is if we’re not going to have a real regular season and teams are only going to play a handful of games.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1303697477770661888

1 Like

They probably mean that EVERY team from the ACC make the tournament.

8 Likes

I don’t have a problem with it. It adds a few more rounds is all.

1 Like

Depending on what happens with the virus, I could see the whole season just being one big tournament. Maybe conference tournaments for seeding, then go straight into the dance. NIT can grab teams that lose in the first round, lol. CBI and CIT are screwed.

1 Like

Someone hacked his account.

5 Likes

Why not? Everyone gets a trophy, er banner

2 Likes

Not sure I’d be on board with this idea. I sorta like the ancillary tournaments to fill in the dead spots of the NCAA tournament.

1 Like

I was kind of thinking about that, but at that point I’m not sure having a college basketball season is completely worth it. Anything developed needs to have each team playing at the very least something like 10 games.

Maybe something like every team plays in a couple of regional OOC tourneys, then each team does an expanded conference tourney/seeding type thing in a bubble that lasts a few weeks. However, that would make class harder, even with virtual learning, and some of the smaller conferences would probably have issues funding a short bubble.

1 Like

Everyone is in the tournament, that is what conference tournaments are.

5 Likes

Yeah, at least some local games would help. I think the NCAA just wants to be prepared to make sure the tournament happens no matter what. The small conferences have to be super worried right now. They are likely to lose all their money games against bigger programs and the cost of testing/protecting players is not cheap. Having to do a conference tourney in a bubble would probably be too costly as well. Really hope things don’t take a turn for the worst this winter.

1 Like

Sound like someone want to beat up on the lowertier conferences in hopes of San upset or two with other P5 conferences so they can claim they are the best. ACC want to prove they are better that all conferences…BTW not. Going. To. Happen.

Um, does the ACC know there are over 300 D1 teams playing basketball? Let me guess: the top-ranked teams from the ACC, Big East, SEC, Big XII, PAC12, B1G (assuming the last two play a season) will get a few rounds off while we watch #200 vs. #357 type games for the first weekend? No thanks.

If they wanted me onboard, I would welcome one of the following:

1. allow the Top 2 teams (conference regular season record + conf tourney results) from each conference into the tourney and that is all (64 teams) – there is their equality

2. coordination with the NIT to have a smaller version of the NIT between the Selection Sunday and the delayed start of the NCAA tourney and allow the final two remaining NIT teams have a spot in the NCAA tourney.

1 Like

Why have conferences then?

2 Likes

BOOO!!!

The tourney should be a reward for a great season, NOT an entitlement.

4 Likes

One of the stupid-est ideas I have ever heard.

Tell me then why do we have conferences and why do we conference tournaments???

2 Likes

I agree with your comments.

As to conference tourneys, I think they exist primarily to raise money as on a whole they are poorly attended.

St least that seems to be the case in the AAC.

1 Like

Were not having fans travel around lol. It would be a bubble situation

1 Like