All Inclusive 2021 Tourney Proposal

Can you imagine an 0 - 27 team getting to compete in the NCAA Tourney? That would be (Sick) terrible by all means.

https://twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/status/1304031532613619713

Glad this isn’t happening

2 Likes

imagine said team knocking off a #1 seed

Yeah
lol
nevermind

1 Like

I think the idea has merit for this yr only because with less fans there is less energy for the favored teams so it’s likely this yr will be the yr of upsets causing a better team to miss the tourney that normally would make it. Duke’s arena like many will have less fans so less home field advantage. Duke could lose to a Sam Houston etc at home bc the fan base is less a factor.I think this is why Duke’s coach mentioned this proposal.

If you start with #1 playing #357, then the rest fall in, #2 playing #356, etc. the results would be predictable and those rounds can move along pretty quickly. Once you get down to 64, the “Tournament” begins.

1 Like

The winner would have played over 10 games in the tourney. Upsets are highly likely with fatigue.

The only thing I could think of when I read about the proposal is a Ricky Bobby quote from Talladega Nights
 " with all due respect, and remember I’m sayin’ it with all due respect, that idea ain’t worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin’ it on."

3 Likes

#1 Baylor falls to #350 Mary Hardin-Baylor
lol.

4 Likes

Assuming, just for sake of argument, that this is truly a plausible proposition (it’s NOT, of course, but humor me), how embarrassing would it be to be the team seeded 351st?

1 Like

For this year only, maybe you can allow 80 (or even 96) teams in tournament instead of the usual 64. That way all teams that had a shot at making it would indeed be in it?

Probably just as embarrassing as not winning any games. Chicago St last year went 1-25 against D1 schools. Maybe they have a whole new team, no clue, but their dozens of fans probably wouldn’t be too upset to be seeded in the 350s.

A regional world cup style season would be cool if a regular season wont work. Put like 16-24 teams in bubbles for a mini tournament with group stage and then top 8-12 in a bracket. Give the top 4 in each region an auto bid to the NCAA tournament. That way the SWACs, WACs, Southland conference types dont have to go broke trying to do their own bubble. Of course I would much prefer as normal a season as possible though.

1 Like