Altering our UH logo

I posted this on the baseball forum, after I saw the Texas flag incorporated into the UH logo on our baseball caps but it applies to football also…maybe I’m in the minority here, but I’m in favor of the clean classic look.

Here’s the post:

Why do we always try to be smart and incorporate the Texas or USA flag into our logo…WTF? I’m so sick of it.

We are the University OF Houston. I get we are in the state of Texas but we don’t have TEXAS in our name anywhere. In fact, the truth is that our wonderful state has chosen to UNDERFUND us from day 1.

How about working in the seal of Houston into one of our uniform schemes…you know since we are the major public University of the CITY OF HOUSTON.

And I’m not supporting doing that but these black jerseys, US and Texas flag meshed with our UH logo is just trashy.

I’m in favor of the more classic look…there’s a reason why the bluebloods dont mess with their logos. Even the University OF Texas doesn’t have a Texas flag meshed with their Longhorn logo and they are the main public school of the state, in the state capital, same with all of the other schools. They just roll out the burnt orange classic look.

Just looks trashy and try hard.

Geez…we need to upgrade our department that selects and designs our uniforms

2 Likes

Maybe we are proud to be in the USA and proud to be Texans – at least I am. I like it.

13 Likes

That’s beside the point, though. You can be LSU and be proud of your country and state without having it pirate your logo.

We can still be proud but we need to establish our look first.

When I say Alabama, Notre Dame, LSU, UCLA, Clemson, Oklahoma, Florida State, and many more…we all have a quick vision of the logo and scheme of their uniforms.

With UH, I’m a proud Alum, and I have no idea what our logo and color scheme is.

Is it black jerseys? is it a US flag logo? Is it a Texas flag logo?

Again if anything, we should honor the city seal of the City if Houston and we’ve yet to do that.

We usually only do the flag logos for special days like Veterans Day or something. Monday is Presidents Day, Lincoln’s birthday was the 12th, Washington’s birthday is the 22nd. Maybe that has something to do with it.

3 Likes

image https://media1.tenor.com/images/a46c1864d795b7fbceb2434d19f376ac/tenor.gif?itemid=15530652

8 Likes

Weird rant is weird.

7 Likes

Hey, if we want to keep doing Mid Major things, we will continue be treated like a Mid Major. While we are waiting for a P5, we can control our logo.

Yes, Baylor and Oregon have alternate uniform schemes but I don’t think the mrsh the US, Texas or Oregon flags into them.

I appreciate the bluebloods that leave their logo alone.

If alternating their uniforms meant winning to the blue bloods they’d do it in a heart beat. Unfortunately, there’s little connection between uniforms making a team a blue blood or a winner, so mixing it up won’t kill us.

I have seen Notre Dame wear green jerseys even though their colors are blue and gold and their traditional jersey is blue.

I don’t have any problem with incorporating theTX or US flag into the logo every now and then. Agree with Mike that it seems to be done around some special date or event. For some it might be an attempt to “add some excitement”. If that is the case, we need some of that around here.

Not a big fan of the black uni’s though. Just don’t really like them much.

3 Likes

Can someone post a picture?

I’ve seen everyone of those teams you listed incorporate the US flag into their uniforms, especially in baseball.

2 Likes

You must not be a native Texan.

All Texas schools do something like that. Native Texans are really proud of our custom license plates and really proud of our home state.

Other colleges from other states don’t do it because they don’t have the state pride Texans do. Our state flag is everywhere, and flys at the same level as the American flag at some places (there’s some debate on the flag code I think we get away with it as long as the us flag is in the middle)

Enjoy your state pride if you’re from here and be happy houston isn’t in California.

2 Likes

I guess we are whining about this in this thread.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/K9K4Y3/houston-tx-usa-23rd-sep-2017-a-houston-cougars-helmet-with-a-texas-K9K4Y3.jpg

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/the-university-of-houston-cougars-helmet-integrated-an-american-flag-picture-id455296644

1 Like

Crazy right, this is the reason why the UK left the EU. Something that makes someone unique and makes them proud can’t be tolerated in a communist society

1 Like

This thread is so weird.

6 Likes

That logo will keep us out of conference realignment. The power 5 teams won’t allow it. We just did ourselves in… smh

1 Like

Top concerns for P5 expansion consideration:

• Logo integrity
  • Ticket office performance
  • Bathroom air conditioning
  • Gameday traffic and parking
  • Stadium wi-fi
  • Concessions

These are the things that are REALLY holding us back. Don’t be fooled by all the talk about other dumb stuff.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

10 Likes

They look good IMO. There’s some other logos from colleges in Texas I dare not mention that tried it, and it looks terrible( due to them being maroon). We at least have the red and blue to match.

2 Likes

Hell yes, it’s a keeper…