Altuve is The GOAT

That’s a No Brainer!!! He just continues to amaze and come through in Clutch situations… What a Joy to watch, and consider we are watching one of the best to play the game…

He just continues to amaze me. Baseball players are getting huge it seems…the concussion issues in football as really helped swing some outstanding athletes baseballs way IMO…and here’s this 5’5"+ man just slaying the giants

1 Like

Don’t try stealing 3rd of all freaking things when there’s one out and you’re down by 2, early, in the WS.

4 Likes

Welp…gotta win at least 2 in DC. Hopefully, this will be like the Rockets in the '94 playoffs when they faced Phoenix in the 2nd round and lost both games at home. The papers blared “Choke City” and the team took it upon themselves to turn it around. Ended up winning the next 2 in Phoenix and the series in 7 before going on to win the title.

5 Likes

They’re pressing too hard and have just played their worst baseball of the year…BUT…this team could turn it around on a dime and win 4 in a row at drop of the hat. Right now the Nats just look like a team of destiny…loose and playing best ball of the year is real tough to beat

2 Likes

Sometimes going on the road can do wonders for a team, or being on the brink of elimination.

1 Like

Anyone have Tonya Harding’s number? I’d like to send her over to Juan Soto’s place…

Right now Astros fans understand how Nancy Kerrigan felt…

2 Likes

Why so many WC teams actually win the WS…they’ve been in playoff mode for months just to get into playoffs…Stros have been on cruise control since May basically…haven’t seen them play that bad in long time

1 Like

Don’t forget Nellie Fox, a HOFer who played for the Colts in 1964. For years he was part of one of the greatest double play combos with the Chicago White Sox…Luis Aparicio. a slick fielding HOF short stop, was the other piece of the combo.
I loved it when the Colts got Fox, although there was no doubt he was at the end of his career.
Morgan was a stud but the Astros traded him away too early…Biggio was obviously great also…

2 Likes

Astros got their home field advantage back…might as well take more while they are in DC.

Gotta figure the Nats season is on the line tomorrow with Scherzer vs Cole. Maybe Strasbourg can outduel Verlander again, but the Astros have a huge advantage in Game 7 with Greinke (and Urquidy and Cole) vs Sanchez. Pressure is all on Scherzer and the Nats bats to win tomorrow.

Now, just need the real Gerritt Cole to show up tomorrow.

3 Likes

Agree. Who would have guessed the Nats would play a must win game at home after going up 2-0 on the road?

All the pressure is on them to win and I’m expecting Cole to come out with something to prove.

2 Likes

Yes Sir, the pressure is now on the Nats. Crazy last 6 games in WS have been won by the road team…time to make it 7

He is definitely the GAOAT!!!

1 Like

Ouch. Tough luck for Nationals. They turn to the bullpen in Game 5, Scherzer out with back spasms.

Astros need to TCB tonight. Can’t waste this opportunity.

3 Likes

Astros will win Tuesday, get the parade ready and have a careful and safe time celebrating, Houston!!!

2 Likes

Realizing this is an ancient thread, but came across the X posting below…I don’t know how he comes up with clutch moments time after time…will not be suprised if he does it again tonight.

“At 16 years old Jose Altuve attended an Astros tryout camp in Venezuela but wasn’t allowed to participate because the Astros scouts thought he was too short and they also believed he lied about his age. His father encouraged him to go back and try again. The next day Jose returned back to camp with his birth certificate and was asked, “Can you play?” Jose’s response, “I’ll show you.””

https://x.com/russellybarra/status/1716081010062885041?s=20