Alum update: Cotton Turner

Former UH quarterback Turner '15 excelling as energy law attorney

Edit: I have this formatted terribly. My apologies.

8 Likes

Cool! I knew he enrolled in the law school awhile back, but never heard anything about him since. I still feel kind of bad he didn’t get any game time in the Ticket City bowl…I thought he deserved to at least have 1 drive once the game was in the bag.

I think we go 12-0 with him as a starter as well back in 2011

1 Like

Right no way Case should have started that year!

Kudos!

I don’t think we do would…but I still feel bad he didn’t get a redshirt when he got hurt too at ULCA.

The argument you should have made was starting Turner over Piland in 2010. I think everyone would have agreed with that.

3 Likes

Poland? Also Turner was a 5th year senior in 2011. He was out of eligibility

Autocorrect.

And it was supposed to say 2010. Fat fingers.

Fixed.

Turner got injured the same game as Keenum

We were in the stands there in the Rose coliseum…I can still hear the groans, and feel the air going out of the entire stadium…that was awful.

Yeah, 2010 would have been a much better season with him at QB and at least a bowl game. Too bad he also got injured or Sumlin might have a 3-1 record against Rice instead of 2-2.

You’re correct about Turner.

My apologies, I was thinking of Crawford Jones. In 2012 Crawford came in towards the end of the season and did a pretty good job after Piland struggled.

As far as Turner, he wouldn’t have gone 12-0. Case had to pull out magic a couple times that Turner wouldn’t have been able to do.