Am I the only one more excited about 2018 than 2017

Totally agree. And I used UCF as an example because they’re the hot team right now, but you could easily use Memphis, Cinci, USF, Boise, San Diego St or BYU. There are lots of options out there. When the Big 12 was faking expansion in 2016, we were clearly the top prize. I still think that we’re the top prize, but a few 7-5 seasons in a row would take some shine off of that. One clunker season is OK, but we need to average winning 9-10 games a season, as we have over the last decade, to keep the buzz around our program alive.

If we had KB last year, there is no doubt in my mind we would have been playing UCF in the conference championship game. Don’t know if we would have won it, but we would have had a puncher’s chance for sure. Our relatively putrid offense put us in holes, tired out our defense and was generally a monumental downer for the entire team. Put an offense out there that can sustain drives and tire out opposing defenses? I’ll be shocked if we win less than 10 games this year. We should end up in a NY6 which positions us very well for a possible playoff run in 2019 with OU and Washington State on the OOC schedule. Of course, our defense is going to look quite a bit different in 2019 with no Ed Oliver up front…

1 Like

if 9 wins gets him in the aac title game he shouldnt be on the hot seat.

Schedule sets up nicely for 9 or 10 wins. Navy, Tech, and Memphis all on the road will be the tough ones. Should win the rest.

2 Likes

yeah, can’t explain why, just wasn’t “in” to last year’s season… definitely getting the old school excitement again this off season.

I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON MAN!!! It’s killing me having to wait. Brand new offense. Picked up some solid players. Hopefully Deontay Anderson is elgible.

If all goes well, we have a chance to repeat the 2015 season. I’m thinking playoffs in 2020 if we go undefeated the next 2 seasons haha!

Since so many of our posters, on this and the 2 other sites, expressed extreme pessimism about last season and were so upset by CMA getting the job, I would say that there are a whole lot of folks more excited about the 2018 season than the 2017 season.

I was not one of those, but I realized we lost a ton of talent and was concerned about how we would fare (not enough to stop me from my annual prediction of 14-0). I am more excited about this fall because I think we will do better offensively this fall due to the hiring of Briles and Clements. With the added talent, I think the D will also be better.

1 Like

2017 was full of anticipation, especially with kyle allen and our 2017 seniors being studs