American Athletic Conference pushing to hold onto more of its star coaches

Well that is the crux isn’t it? If we win, we lose the coach, if we don’t we have to buy out his contract. So the best we can hope for is losing our coach?

1 Like

Unless we get in a P5 but even then I don’t think we’re safe

1 Like

The competitive nature of coaching is that they will always be looking for the opportunity to compete for championships at the highest level. We would remain in danger of losing really good coaches until we were a regular part of the national championship discussion. I think we will have the facilities and I know we have tremendous high school talent in our own back yard, but that alone will not gaurantee immediate success. Commitment to excellence over the long haul is the key. This means administration, coaches, players, alumni and fans.

2 Likes

If UH were to be included in the P5 there would be no limit as to what a coach could achieve. At UT there is almost nothing that has not been accomplished before. It all depends on what the coach wants, to be the first or to be one of the ones that…

1 Like

I agree with you but it has to be combined with a Chancellor that understands the benefits of having a dominating sports program. We are the sleeping giant. I have no doubt than when we join a P5 we will be National Champion within five years to seven years. The University of Miami did it with a lot less. We have an amazing potential.