And the Big Ten gets Richer, $54M per School

The B1G knows how to make money even though they have not had a playoff team the last 2 years. They have large TV markets like New York, Chicago and Detroit. They need to come down and grab UH and get the Houston market. I know, that’s a long shot, but . . .

1 Like

I have a Master’s from Illinois, so this is good news to me!

The B10 would be our dream gig…and I think it would be a great fit for all. They plan big and they take their time and go big…fingers crossed.

1 Like

With the excellent viewing results we get, I feel that the AAC is not earning what we deserve. Aresco
seems satisfied with very poor results.

I thought people were saying ESPN and other TV networks no longer have the money to give big contracts to the conferences! So much for that excuse as a reason why the AAC is always getting peanuts!

CFB Hierarchy
B1G = Billionaires
SEC = Millionaires
ACC = New Money
B12 = Upper Middle Class
P12 = Middle Class
AAC = Soon to move up to Lower Middle Class
Everyone else = Poverty

7 Likes

Damn… Schools like UH should find any other ventures or creative ways to make more money lol.

I’d switch the pac and 12 but you’re right.

1 Like

I’m not sure I follow you. Do you get a piece of the action?

A dying area of the country? Don’t get me wrong I love the Big 10 history. Otto Graham,Paul Brown, Woody Hayes, Bennie Oosterbahn. I love everything about their history but it is still a dying area. I don’t get it.

Everyone likes like a bunch of eastern european names running into each other. Who doesn’t like a somethin (vich) being tackled by a somethin (ski).

Isn’t Big 12 3rd in per program revenue?

I think I was projecting ahead since the ACC network starts this year and the Big 12 doesn’t have one. But yes today the Big 12 is 3rd.

We have to get away from the small private schools that the AAC has accepted.

1 Like

The “vich’s“ don’t like it!

Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the “12 school=conference championship” rule hadn’t been in affect when the American formed. Doubt Tulane and Tulsa are in right now and the Catholic schools might have stuck around for basketball.

1 Like

The Big 10 is not going to invite UH. They want flagship state universities, which we aren’t at this point in time. They want programs that will attract more than one large urban market. They want programs with state wide appeal.

2 Likes

I get it but it still don’t explain Rutgers. lol

2 Likes

That will happen once UH gets accepted to a “Power5 Conference” and has Power5 money to improve itself!

2 Likes

I would argue that we have as much, maybe more, statewide appeal in Texas as Rutgers has in NJ, Purdue has in Indiana, or Northwestern has in Illinois.

1 Like

Rutgers is the flagship, state university of New Jersey.

1 Like