Any chance Grimes returns? (Update: Grimes Declares for NBA Draft)

Ok, let’s stir the pot.

Any chance Gorham returns?

…or Mark?

Oh Mark will be back.

Gorham is a question though.

If he and Grimes BOTH were to return…then WHOA NELLIE!!!

1 Like

I was joking

2 Likes

Man… I’m excited to buy all of the NBA jerseys of former Coogs in the coming years.

https://twitter.com/BryanKalbrosky/status/1379434965562105859

3 Likes

If somebody wanted to make the comparison (I wont run with it), you could show Butler as a reason for Grimes to return. Butler was a guaranteed 2nd round pick last year, similar or better draft stock to Grimes, and a 3rd team All-American like Grimes. He came back wanting to win a title and got to develop more at point. Now he is most likely a 1st rounder and possibly could sneak into the lottery (inside info: he was listed early 20s before tournament on one team’s board). Grimes is bigger than Butler so he has enough size to play the wing though. Also Butler was a sophomore going into junior season.

I am almost always for players leaving after their junior season if they have NBA interest. More to lose than gain coming back in most cases. Also hard to pass up a situation where you are a guaranteed two way player (average pay around $300k). But it wouldn’t be too crazy for Grimes to come back if he really valued another shot at a championship.

1 Like

Get your money young man.

3 Likes

That being said… I’ll welcome you back with wide open arms… Lol

2 Likes

Here’s a mock that has Grimes going at #50.

I’m
Not wasting my time thinking he is coming back. I am wondering who we get to replace him.

2 Likes

Can’t he enter the draft AND return if he doesn’t get drafted?

I thought that was the change made a few years ago…?

You’re also the guy still holding hope on Michael Thomas committing back to the Cougars.

So going by your logic, Grimes has a better chance of coming back than Thomas playing for your Coogs.

2 Likes

Assuming he gets drafted. Not a given.

Only if he doesn’t hire an agent and even then, he would have to withdraw from the draft on the earlier of 10 days after the combine, or August 3. It’s a bit different than baseball. Basketball players can’t go through the draft and come back to college if they don’t like where they’re drafted. And that’s fair since there are only 2 rounds to the NBA draft as opposed to 4 million rounds to the MLB draft.

1 Like

And even if you were Curly Neal you wouldn’t get a spot in the NBA. :wink:

:joy::joy::joy: some people just need to stop when they are already behind.:joy::joy::joy:

Considering Curley Neal passed away last year just outside Houston area, ya probably don’t want to be him abt now. :upside_down_face::unamused:

The chances of Grimes being at UH next season are slim and none, and slim’s on a lo-cal diet.

I’ll own the Michael Thomas comments and wishes :point_up:.

:grimacing: