Any info on 2020 spring practice?

Anyone at the open practice today? If so what are ur thoughts?

I am sure we are bigger, stronger and much faster.

3 Likes

If you don’t have a subscription it won’t do you any good to have TOS. I am not going to advertize for the competition on this board, so ethics would prohibit giving the link, but if you google for UH fan sites, I’m sure you can find them.

An Open Practice last night.

Anyone go? Reports?

No but everyone knows that Mark scored 40 and 41 to make state!

2 Likes

Dana and staff are busy building a team “the right way “ ( per Belk ) that isn’t sexy for the media, they are busy grinding instead of self promotion, there are no hot takes to increase clicks so the media isn’t interested. There is plenty of news and info to go around so i think the question should be why aren’t the local channels reporting this info ? You will find the answer above, the piss poor media these days just want sensationalized topics . Look at the corona virus coverage, You would think the world was coming to an end . It’s sad because it is a reflection of how ignorant the average joe these days is . We the sheeple !

8 Likes

Maybe someone should start an “Impeach Holgorsen” movement, just to get some coverage!

1 Like

Nah, they’re milking this carona virus thing for al its worth. Scare people so they will tune in.

2 Likes

That was an obvious troll to get stuff started.

To rehash what athletes and adults already know: The players are all talented kids who are still developing. Our legacy is taking kids with good families and potential and building them into grown men and women with character and drive to succeed in sports and life.

Coaches spend lots of years teaching the right attitude to athletes. It is sad that others miss out on the true spirit if competition, character, hard work, and winning attitude. Walking into a season with no hope is indeed hopeless; they oughta teach that in some kind of kindergarten class.

Who knows what growth a year means to these student athletes? It is likely kids doing the trolling and negativity. I won’t even bother looking into who said that.

Such negativity is the stuff of losers.

2 Likes

Obviously our Football Team can start the 2020 season completely off the radar.

Good position to be in!

3 Likes

4-8. That is why.

1 Like

We got basketball :basketball: going on at Fertitta Center.

1 Like

For the people who keep mentioning basketball as a way to diminish the hope of optimistic football fans, don’t forget how fickle you are as soon as the team loses; uconn was only a few days ago(go back and read your comments). The banner of pride goes from “we’re a football school” to “we’re basketball school”; things don’t go to plan and I’m sure “we’re a golf school” will surface next.

Let the football fans be happy without the constant negativity and need to retract attention; i find it comical but it’s honestly childish.

2 Likes

Holgs took over a COMPLETE dumpster fire. If we win 6 next year, then let the run begin. It has been a looooong time since we had a coach that wanted to be here more than two years or know what he was involved with.

6 Likes

If we are a golf school or a women’s basketball school we in deep poopa…but I agree…the remarks about the basketball program were just in jest…I think most of us are just waiting for the opening kickoff so we can see what we have.
I don’t expect an undefeated season, but I am hoping for a winning season. I believe Tune can get the job but only with a decent offensive line blocking for him.
And our defense should be leap years ahead of last year.
Sampson has the hoops program bringing in national attention.
And I think Holgersen will get us there, but it isn’t going to happen overnight…

2 Likes

Clearly, we are NOT a girls BB school.

Is telling people to take precautions because there is a deadly virus spreading rapidly, for which there will no vaccine for about a year, sensationalizing?

5 Likes

So they’ll probably cancel the season ticket holder event. :sleepy: can we get a BOGO coupon at least to Demeris BBq?

Have you tried using one of those? I tried once and they had so much trouble trying to figure out how to ring it up, they ended up not charging us except for the drinks. True story…

Johnny, in order for me to post examples I would have to violate the no politics mantra and nobody wants that. But I suspect most can tell between sensationalism and factual information.

3 Likes