Anyone still bummed out?

I got over it when I left aisle 118 and met my Kentucky fan nephews and niece and realized they were experiencing the same feelings we were, just about 40 hours later . . . . . In addition, we were in our same UH section seats and surrounded by lots of KU fans, and we did manage to irritate them with some comments about the Bozofficials actions in both games . . . . .

1 Like

Being ranked absolutely still matters for PR and marketing purposes. Fans are more likely to show up. Media is more likely to talk you up.

1 Like

Auburn beating Kentucky moved me to the “over it” category. I was bitter when Kentucky opened up that early lead on Sunday.

1 Like

one more beer…one more wing…damn!

I still hate to see that replayed.

Funny story from the Sprint Center I was texting my tar heel buddy about today. There was a really nice UNC family sitting in front of me. They were super chill the entire UNC game even when Auburn was raining 3s they were upset but no yelling just chill. Well our game starts and they say they’ll root for us.

About halfway through the game we had converted the wife to a Coog fan because of the refs. The husband was like calm down these aren’t our teams and the wife was livid “don’t you see what the refs are doing to them? This is ridiculous!” I’m not bummed out at all our guys showed well in March and made some fans.

4 Likes

I agree tedrich…the 1983 loss to NC State was the biggest kick in the balls I have ever had in my life.

1 Like

Actually got hit in that area in middle school playing dodge ball n it hurt worse! :grin::man_shrugging:

1 Like

I can’t even look at pictures of the game. I was at Fertitta. It was a glum feeling. But so appreciative to take part in this amazing spectacle called the NCAA Tourney.

1 Like

Yep, still bummed :frowning: out but finally coming out of the shell :shell:. Time to move on. Not sure when or whether this year’s success ever will be replicated anytime soon. Great season, great run and a fantastic team.

1 Like

It sucked to lose, but it doesn’t take away from a great season.

3 Likes

The last time i was “bummed out” was when Bum Phillips passed away. Great coach and great man.

1 Like

This was the best UH team not to make the Final Four.

33-4. Sweet 16.

Excited for next season.

9 Likes

No. We are now a “National” team, always in the conversation and will enter each season ranked. Our recruiting classes are getting better each year (remember the dumpster fire 5 years ago?). In addition, two Dance cards in a row, and one game deeper than the last.

Now onto next year with a deeper run!

3 Likes

Same here. I hate that commercial of Valvano running around.

3 Likes

The only thing I can compare to that is the Oilers Prevent Defence 4th Quarter comback win for the Denver Broncos…24- 22 from 22 - 6…(to which I sat there staring at the screen for 30 minutes after the game in shock and the season after that, the 35 - 3 Oilers choke in 1993… I was sick after that one.

2 Likes

What I hate is the fact that they keep showing that game - over and over; it seems about once every year - sometimes even more often. I saw the original; don’t want to ever see it again!

Why don’t they ever show the semi-final game against Louisville? That was simply the greatest basketball game EVER PLAYED, as far as I am concerned!

4 Likes

Phi Slama Jama vs the Doctors of Dunk.

2 Likes