AP Poll: Houston still #9

No change for Houston. Tennessee drop, LSU moves up

1 Like

Keep winning…we will have a chance to move up into the top 8 which should put us in #2 seed range

1 Like

Problem is we won two straight…everyone else get a chance to goof off then win over the next ranked team to retain their place in line…lets play this stinking tourneyment today already where goofing off isnt permitted!

By the way, Maryland got blownout and still in. Looked horrible in that loss…and Cincy is not ranked!

2 Likes

Do we have a legitimate chance at #2 seeding. Keep winning and we sneak into the #1 conversation?

2 Likes

8th in Coaches

1 Like

Right now we are a #2 seed. These rankings are not the indicator. This week is a great example of voter bias.

3 Likes

Does it really matter if we are 9-8-7 at this point? Bottom line is the likelihood of us being a #3 seed in the tournament. My only wish is that we do not get into the regional with Duke. We are competitive with the rest of them, but Duke presents a huge problem for us in the middle.

1 Like

Right now we are #4 in Net ranking. That equals to a #1 seed. I don’t care what the AP says, let’s keep that chip on their shoulders.

5 Likes

Yes it does matter, Boss, yes it does!!!

Oh, ok…then you keep that thought.

Just WOW. No respect for this team.

I’m ok with our ranking. If you’re not rated #1, then what difference does it really make as long as we are in the Top10

1 Like

We gained 63 points in the poll this week. Hard to move up with our schedule.

No it doesn’t really matter what the AP voters think. They will not decide the tourney seeding.

1 Like

Look at Nevada and Gonzags schedule…

1 Like
  • Win out we are a 2 seed.
  • Lose only 1 more in regular season or conference tournament we are a 3 seed
  • Lose 2 the rest of the way we are a 4-5 seed
  • Lose 3+ and we are 6-8 seed.
  • Don’t see us being lower than 8 seed at this point.

Basically, rankings don’t matter that much. We have a chance to beat some solid teams the rest of the way (including possibly Cincy twice).

1 Like

Peception does matter…and we will see if that NET will really work come Selection Sunday…

1 Like

Hard to move up with our schedule that we played this past week, to be more clear. We gained more points than Nevada and Gonzaga combined FWIW.

Wouldn’t matter to me if we dispatched Duke early rather than later. Let Mr. Shashefski take his boys home.

1 Like

New Mexico State should be ahead of Cincy since they have a better record, though, right?

If you just want the AP to be solely based on winning percentage then it wouldn’t really even need to exist. You can just drop all the teams into a spreadsheet and sort by winning percentage.