AP Poll: Houston still #9

I watched the Maryland Michigan game…Maryland looked like trash in that loss. Still ranked…let me guess, a quality loss…weak new way of saying we will keep team A ranked over team B…

1 Like

cinci still 23 in the net, that’s what counts

Duke is scary! I dont want no part of them either. Everyone else is beatable and hopefully Duke gets upset because their outside shooting betrays them. :fingers cross:

1 Like

I’m not sure how NCAA seeding works but would they match up #1 overall seed (Duke) with the weakest #2 seed to reward them in the elite 8? If so hope UH can move up to #7 overall by selection time (#5 preferably in UT/UK’s bracket).

All we have to do is maintain our focus from game to game, keep winning and the rest will take care of itself. The success of UH this season has caught many pollsters by surprise, including our fan base, and our schedule has experienced wins over teams having down years, so in my opinion, the climb to the top of the ranking list is understandably slow. Also, we’ve reached the point in the rankings where we are running out of space to the top and we are battling conference media bias that favors the ACC, BIG TEN, SEC, and others and it won’t change until we change it. It’s all up to us. Go Coogs!

3 Likes

According to the laws of physics, as it pertains to college BB rankings and seedings, (and maybe lots of other things) the higher up you are, the harder it is go up.

2 Likes

I’m OK with it as the further up you climb, the fewer spots there are. We are in good shape and are capable of winning all of the rest of the regular season games, heck, maybe even the conference tourney! They way we are jelling and the DEPTH!!

1 Like

according to this our SOS is 58th and there are 4 teams in the top 16 that have a worse schedule than us including Michigan and Tennessee, we are awfully close to Gonzaga as well. Nevada remains ahead of us in the AP and coaches with a 128th ranked schedule and a much worse loss than us. Our schedule is not that bad

3 Likes

I want to see “Jimmy Chitwood” Davis in the finals against Duke if that is the dream that we all aspire. Hoosiers at the college level with Coogs instead.

They take a lot of variables into account.

We played UConn and Tulane last week. Which of those wins moves the needle?

1 Like

It doesn’t, but if we had lost to one of them, the drop would have been deep.

2 Likes

I’m not talking week to week, I’m talking overall. And even then, Nevada played only Wyoming last week and moved up so that’s not even an excuse

2 Likes

Then why make that response to my comment when I clarified that it was about our schedule this past week? And you did see that we gained 63 points to Nevada’s 10?

You said “not gonna make up ground with our schedule” I take that as overall schedule

1 Like

It’s right there five posts below the one you responded to.

We are making a script for an incredible movie.

4 Likes

The NCAA seeds the entire field 1-68. They start bracketing by using the so called S curve method which if followed exactly would yield the strongest 7 seed against the weakest 10 seed in the first round, the strongest 5 seed against the weakest 4 seed in the second round, etc.

After doing that the committee looks to see if any lower seeded teams have gotten a serious geographical advantage. An 11th seeded OU wouldn’t be placed in Tulsa for example, even if that’s what the S curve result would dictate. They might get moved to another site and they might even get their seeding changed by 1 line to accommodate the move.

There are other factors like teams from the same conference not meeting each other for a third time in the second round and so forth. The committee publishes the 1-68 seeding so you can see afterwards which teams had their seeding “changed” by comparing the list to the bracket.

The coolest thing about this is if you get seeded 17 instead of 16 you get the chance to prove the committee “wrong” pretty quickly. It’s like I’ve said about UH as a 2 vs a 3 in the Sweet 16. It’s just about the jersey color for the game.

3 Likes