AP Poll

one big game, Yes 1-0 , one game at a time = 19-0 mostly against P6 that what make you a top 10 and a top 5 team. That is what UCF is . Not in your book, but in mine and many other.

Having our top four teams with one loss total is huge for our conference. We are easily a P5 conference this year. Top to bottom equal to B12 and PAC. That Tech loss is all that stands between having 4 ranked teams in our conference. The P5 game between UCF and UNC will hurt in final rankings , does not look like it will be rescheduled.

I generally agree but think each of the Top 10 teams beat UCF.having said that, I think UCF is a Top 25 but closer to 25 than 15.

I think UCF is damn good football team
every really good team will have an off game that they might have to come from behind and win. Look at clemson a couple years ago and they won the NC. Not saying UCF is on that level but that I think theyre really good.

I disagree. What make you think that ND, UT, LSU, OR. can beat UCF, but UCF can’t beat them. Did you see the game against Memphis. For UCF to come back and win that game show they have the heart of a champion.

If a team come and beat you in your house , that what UCF did to Memphis speak volume. If a team win 19 in a row that speak volume. Do not let ESPN and other tell you that you are not a P6. AAC POWER Conference.

I have already expressed my lack of respect for the quality of some of the teams in the AAC and it is far from P5 caliber. There are a couple of schools, mainly us of course that are quality programs and deserve P5 status. Don’t let your scarlet colored glasses confuse you. You are right about ESPNs opinion being misguided but you need to be objective enough to avoid the Koolaide sirens and watch ESPN but form your own opinion.
A 19 win season against mostly crap opponents means nothing. They will eventually be exposed but keep telling yourself they deserve Top 10 consideration.

1 Like

The AP poll is one of those antiquated things people put a ton of stock in, but isn’t really valid anymore. CFB needs it because they need the rankings to promote games. However, football games are all individual contests and the this team beat that team argument is so silly.

The Jaguars beat the Patriots and the Cowboys mauled the Jaguars. Does that mean Dallas would be the Patriots? Maybe but not likely and Dallas for sure wouldn’t be ranked ahead of the Patriots in some stupid poll made by writers who don’t even see all the games. The NFL competitive balance is significantly closer than college but the idea of rankings that actually impact post season prospects is old and tired and dumb.

Just play your way in.

I don’t drink kool -Aid or have a Koolaide sirens, and the glasses I wear are clear, check your lens. Here are the facts Every P6 conference have bottom feeder every year. Only the best rise to the top. FACTS: AAC: CIN 6-0, USF 6-0, UCF 6-0 UH 5-1,
SEC: ALA 7-0, FLO 6-1, LSU 6-1 GEO 6-1,
BIG: OHIO 7-0, MIC 6-1, IOWA 5-1, MARYLAND 4-2
PAC: OR 5-1, COL 5-1, WAS 5-2
ACC: CLEM 6-0, NCS 5-0, B.C. 5-2
BIG 12: TEX 6-1, WV 5-1, OK 5-1, TT 4-2

Bottom Feeders; N.C. 1-4, RUTGER 1-6, NEB 0-6, UCLA 1-5, ARK 1-6, KAN 2-4
Don’t be fool this is college football, lets give the AAC it dues and money$$$

Lets give each conference their Mid season grade. AAC: A+

Drink up buttercup!!
The SEC teams kick most other conference’s ass and the AAC is the worst on the list. Book it Koolaide-o!

Put your glasses on. I didn’t said we are better than the SEC or any conference, but the AAC is a P6. Now you grade each conference.

You are right about one thing. You didn’t say the SEC, I did. It’s my example. Try to keep up.
Try this:
SEC = Good
AAC = Not Good
Therefore SEC > AAC
Got it? Need pictures?

No need I made my point Go Coogs and the AAC.

Damn shame we cant find out on the field. Except for last years ucf auburn game.

1 Like

WE can hope, and we will see Go Coogs.

1 Like

Go Coogs!

Since Navy joined 2015
AAC teams versus P5 teams.

Houston 7-2
Cincy 3-1
USF 7-3
Memphis 4-3
Navy 3-2
ECU 3-5
UCF 3-5
Temple 2-5
UConn 1-7
Tulane 0-5
Tulsa 0-5
SMU 0-7

Top 7 teams have a 30-21 record against the P5. Someone feel free to tally the ACC’s, Big10’s and Big12’s record against the rest of the P5 2015-2016 and I’m willing to bet the AAC top 7 is better than the top 7 of at least 1 or 2 of those conferences.

If UCF and UH play in the championship, it will mean that UCF’s final 7 teams they play have a 29-21 record against P5s over the last 4 years.

3 Likes

.+1

Agree if we win out and win the confernece we get the NY6 bid.

2 Likes

Show me the many others? Are they Coog or UCF fans that are either biased or projecting? You don’t give up 30 points to a Memphis team (with a QB with the weakest arm in the country) and call yourself a top 5 team. All those wins don’t matter this year. This UCF team is not the same as last year, and this Coog team sure isn’t Peach Bowl good. That’s what I’m getting at. UCF earned a preseason ranking, and they’ve worked hard, but calling them elite is dismissive of their inconsistencies that are not usually characteristics of a top 5 team. One of their weaknesses is run defense(they are nearly dead last in the country). Now look at the top 9 teams and tell me that they wouldn’t run over UCF.