App for selling game day tickets

I see people each morning at the Whataburger picking up an order that they placed on their phone. It is our world today.

So. I see post ad nausea complaining about empty seats at BB games when they are sellouts.

Yes I know there are some after market companies that you can purchase unused tickets from. But the market is not there for the average season ticket holder to bother with it, especially knowing they will be lucky to get them sold at face value let alone a profit.

But what if UH provided a App that allows season ticket holders an opportunity to make their seats available a day or two before games when they know they cannot use them. These tickets will only be available for FREE to students (at least at first if they are not interested, to everyone). They could be free for students or a small service charge for everyone else to cover cost.

Like Whataburger, one acquires the ticket from UH site prior to game and then their phone app is scanned at the door. Fewer empty seats filled by fans with the approval of the season ticket holder.

Nah, to complicated and could be competing with the ticket companies.

Better to be sold out and have hundreds or more empty seats for the Cincinnati game.

It’s not like we’re busting at the seams with student demand that needs to be filled.

There were tickets tonight for $12 on the third party sites.

I don’t think bending over backwards to find a way to get the extra couple hundred people in the building that may be interested in going for free is the existential crisis some people on this board make it out be.

There is a link in each season ticket account to list your game ticket on StubHub so the convenience factor is already there.

Just move the cameras and be done with it.

1 Like