Applewhite Has Fans

Out in South Carolina.

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/board/44/Contents/major-applewhite-138736362/

1 Like

LMFAO

1 Like

Good for Major, I don’t begrudge a guy who failed here having a job elsewhere. If they want him, I wish him and them luck. He’s gone, no use kicking him while he’s down.

Of course this is further proof of just how good the suggestions of posters are.

13 Likes

I mean Major has been a reason why Tagovailoas passing has improved this year and his offense is better than the garbage South Carolina is currently running

3 Likes

Applewhite is a solid offensive coordinator. I think he would do well at South Carolina.

3 Likes

This proves that there a lot confused individuals out there.

AND, I doubt that Saban allows Apple Boy to be in the same room with his QB’s.

3 Likes

I don’t know about that. Saban has now hired him twice as a coach. I think he knows a little more about Applewhite’s abilities and qualities than you do. Unless you believe Nick Saban to be a “confused individual.”

1 Like

Saban? Are you kidding, what does he know; I mean like what has he ever done to make you think he knows what he is doing? I mean other than all those national championships.

5 Likes

If I remember correctly Saban made him OC for one season and then he made the lateral move to be the OC at Rice. So Saban must have been super impressed.

Now hiring a former hc as an analyst to break down film is not the same as hiring him to coach or call plays.

2 Likes
7 Likes

He was not hired as a “coach” this year. You can only have 10 assistants and Apple Boy is not listed.

I’m sure he is a consultant and no, I don’t think much of Apple Boy…in any regard !! Some people think he was an OC at Alabama, I’ve always doubted that, but it was back in 2007…maybe Saban was desperate.

More than likely, he was just on the offensive staff.

However, I am OK with you being smitten with him.:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And Apple Boy has been integral in all of them !:sunglasses:

1 Like

I believe that is a myth perpetuated by Apple Boy himself.

However, that year was Saban’s worst at Alabama, so there could be some validity.

1 Like

He was at Rice and then Alabama. He was going to be demoted after his one year at Alabama and instead took the RB coach job at UT.

2 Likes

That year was Saban’s FIRST at Bama. He was trying to rebuild a destroyed program after the sanctions, and Applewhite left Bama on his own volition to go back to his alma mater in an Asst HC/RB position under Mack Brown.

Applewhite was hired as an analyst for this year. It is becoming common for the largest programs to take on coaches who are between jobs as analysts. Your hatred for him has crossed the border of delusional. He wasn’t a good head coach here, but that doesn’t mean he is not a good coach.

2 Likes

To each his own !!

1 Like

Applewhite went to Texas as AHC/RB after Bama. It was his choice to leave Saban and Bama, ie he wasn’t fired or let go.

Also, analysts do a lot more than breaking down film. These schools are blurring the lines as much as is legally possible between coaching and analysis.

2 Likes

oddly enough i could see Major eventually being the Rice HC

1 Like

Really… Wow!

Cary what are we talking about here?
You mean Coach, Head Coach, Position Coach, ST Coach or others?
Look I am all for a second chance but here is my issue with applesauce.

No recruiting ties including local unless he lied to our entire program to benefit another.
We were sold an amazing QB whisperer. Wait, what, where, when?
Lack of character judgement - His OC and DC hires were the worst decisions by any program that I can remember. Even today I am still aghast that this even happened.
Unable to build an offense. His calls & schemes speak for themselves.
Managed to get into a fight with his star player and on TV nonetheless.
I will stop right here. That is your choice to like him Cary. Fair enough but look at what he left us with this season. That alone should let you take a step back about how good a Coach, Head Coach he is.

1 Like