So, um, you replied to me so I'm guessing you're taking issue with my post.
1) I'm not pesik and I haven't read a pesik post since the move since he doesn't post here as far as I know.
2) I was replying to Aldineblue because he asked the question. All I did was give my opinion. I'm not an expert and don't pretend to be. My opinion is worth about 2 farts in the wind in the end.
3) I'm not sure where I've been pessimistic at all of CMA and his staff and am quite happy with how things are going. In fact, in most of the threads on the recruits, I've been positive and tried to find positives for each of the kids. They will hopefully end up Coogs and I'll support them through thick and thin. However, the question was what grade to give Applewhite and I don't believe a grade can be given at this time. Question is, what grade would you give since you seem to have an opinion?
4) I could give a rat's ass about Our former coach at this point. He came, did a great job in 2015, did a disappointing job last year while lying every chance he could get, and is now gone to the evil empire. I'm hoping he looses every game because I hope UT always loses every game. Otherwise, he's a former coach and I could care less about him.
5) As far as wanting his recruiting back, nah, I prefer the current approach and staff as they're honest. We got screwed pretty badly last year when the former coach secured a lot of early commits to raise his profile, only to see many of them jet when he did. I want kids who want to be here; don't care about stars.
6). In regards to your questions at the bottom:
- Absolutely, having 3 coaches in 3 recruiting cycles impacts recruiting.
- I never said they were failures. I believe in every one of them
- I believe our coaches can evaluate talent. Hopefully, they can get the most out of these kids.
- I've questioned the rating systems in multiple other threads as have many on this board. I also don't pay anything to any scouting service at this time because it isn't worth it.
7). I'm assuming you're from the Scout board since you're mentioning pesik and you don't really know who I am. I welcome you here and encourage you to contribute, but realize that this isn't the Scout board and many of us are here because we didn't want to deal with the pettiness and annoying personal battles that went on daily between the trolls visiting that site. Mostly, you get Coogs supporting the University here.