Arca Continental to Build New Plant in Texas

ARCA CONTINENTAL TO BUILD NEW PLANT IN TEXAS
http://www.arcacontal.com/presscenter/press-releases/arca-continental-to-build-new-plant-in-texas.aspx

Arca Continental, one of the world’s largest Coca-Cola bottlers, announced today that it will build a new production and distribution facility in Houston, Texas, through its subsidiary Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages (CCSWB).

After a little over a year of becoming the first Latin American bottler to operate in the U.S. Coca-Cola system, the Monterrey, Mexico-based company announced that it will invest US$250 million in a facility close to 1 million square feet in size. This will be the first Coca-Cola production plant built in the U.S. in a decade.

“This significant investment confirms Arca Continental’s commitment for the sustainable value-creation in all the markets we serve and is a reflection of the confidence in our company’s ability to continue perfecting its performance, serving its customers with excellence and anticipating the needs of consumers,” stated Manuel L. Barragan Morales, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Arca Continental.

The new plant, scheduled to begin operating in early 2020, will have the latest technology, five new production lines, in-line blow molding, as well as distribution facilities, warehouse and sales, which will enable CCSWB to efficiently serve the Southeast Texas market. This project will contribute close to USD 30 million in cost savings and operating efficiencies, as part of the USD 90 million synergy program.

Does anyone know if they use real sugar or corn syrup to sweeten their Coke products?

I think it’s the same company that bottles here now–so we’ll get the same old high fructose corn syrup stuff. I gather that it’s just expanding.

A couple of years ago, Pepsi was selling real sugar Pepsi and Mountain Dew. I think they called it “throwback,” but I guess the additional cost of sugar over subsidized corn syrup wasn’t subsidized by the lower sales.

It’s a shame.