Armoni pursues his NBA dream

I was upset that Dwight Jones left early in the early 70s.

However, my attitude has changed over the years. Everyone has to do what they think is best for their future. All we can do is enjoy their efforts and contributions while they are here.

It is not exactly the same situation, but I left the Cougar Marching Band 2 years early and the Cougar Brass 1 year early to concentrate on studies and my future at Law School.

Well if Dream34 hadnā€™t left early the Rocketā€™s would have drafted Mr Jordan instead. :thinking:

1 Like

Or Sam Bowie

Boy I miss that!

Uhh no! :smile::grin:

1 Like

if we keep getting better, we are going to have some 1 and done.

It has been well documented that the Rockets could have gotten Hakeem and MJ in the same draft. After the Rockets got the first overall choice, the Portland Trailblazers, in their quest to get a big man, supposedly proposed a trade whereby they would get Ralph Sampson in exchange for Clyde and their #2 overall draft choice. Oh, what could have been! Apparently, the Rockets turned them down, and Portland, still desperate for a center, bypassed Jordan for Sam Bowie. Big blunder by the Rockets and a bigger blunder by Portland.

3 Likes

Yes, I have heard of the rumor many times and I treat as just that a rumor. Too easy to look back once you know how things played out w certain players.

I was bummed when the Rockets chose Rodney McCray over Clyde.

9 Likes

Led the team in scoring tonight with 32 points.
9/14 three point shooting.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/1222370212261122050

1 Like

I have no idea how the G league works. Is his contract owned by Atlanta? That bunch is in last place! Call Armoni up already!!

he is not on a 2 way contractā€¦heā€™d need a whole new contract to be called up

Right. And anyone can sign him. Not just the Hawks. Heā€™s shooting 44% from 3, and I think that might have been before tonightā€™s game. Hopefully he gets a two-way with someone soon.

2 Likes

Well that expands his horizons x30. Letā€™s hope he gets a deal this season.

2 Likes

I thought I saw he was shooting 47% in a post on Twitter today. Thatā€™s insane for NBA three point line. Someone should be signing him soon. Especially since he can play decent defense too.

Iā€™m sure thatā€™s right. I noted that I think the 44% number was before the 9 threes he hit last night. That is extremely impressive (though small-ish sample-size, etc.). He became a decent defender here, though nowhere close to the Corey/Galen level. My guess is heā€™d probably struggle a bit on that end in the NBA right now like most young players do, though. But yeah, doubt heā€™d be a complete turnstile like many young shooters, so that should help his case.

2 Likes

Well, since the nba doesnā€™t play any defense, he will be ahead of the game.

6 Likes

Agreed. The NBA trend was for teams to get 6-8+ guys to defend the wing. Then with the emergence of Pindown screen spamming, and ISO ball, length like that is almost unnecessary. Armoni is also a good rebounder. Heā€™ll be fine.

What is pin-down screen spamming?

I donā€™t know that you need to be 6-8 to switch everything, but definitely 6-5ish.

I havenā€™t watched a ton of NBA so far this year. Just a bit here and there. Are all teams just running ISO ball? If so then Iā€™d agree switchability for wings would be less important. I didnā€™t think that was the case, though.