Armoni pursues his NBA dream

3 Likes

I think coach has confidence in Armoni eventually getting a chance in the NBA just like Dotson did.
In today’s age a coach has to encourage his young players to do this and test the waters. It eventually makes these guys better players hearing an outside source go over their adjustments needed to play at the next level.
Not sure we will compete for many five star players, but teams like Duke and Kentucky get those type of kids every year and most of their studs go pro after one year while the NBA tells some they need to work on some things and come back

3 Likes

Typically for a player who puts his name in the draft early, you shouldn’t say publicly that you are going back. NBA teams aren’t paying to bring you in for workouts when you aren’t on a draft boards and you don’t plan on staying in the draft. Different when your head coach is Kelvin Sampson though. He will call some NBA coach and front office buddies who will give Armoni workouts. The more I hear on it, the more it sounds like it was actually Sampson’s idea. Good for Armoni to get the experience of those workouts and good for the program showing the coaches care about players and have connections at the next level to help them.

4 Likes

Which only helps us get more Dots and Armonis. Everyone wins.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/1123317711923220481

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DetroitPistons/status/1126868865684779008

1 Like

not posted by the team but he has also had spurs and Milwaukee workouts
he posted on his instagram

1 Like

I think Armoni will benefit greatly from this process, and as a result, so will the Coogs. CKS is building a great reputation among the players and that helps with recruiting. When recruits come for visits, what the current players say about the coaches carries a lot of weight. It also helps kids understand what is expected of them in our culture.

1 Like

Imagine if he kills it :grimacing::astonished::flushed:

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/1130201920352559104

1 Like

Agree with you. He’ll learn more about the best path to get a shot at the NBA and what he needs to work on

Lots of workouts so far. That’s pretty cool. He does have some serious range. He’s a couple inches shorter than Dot, but they have a similar game. Armoni might have better range and a quicker release.

Oh oh

NBA is always looking for shooters these days.

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound like he has any intentions of leaving.

1 Like

Quite polished responses to the reporters. Appears mature and poised.

3 Likes

It’s a quid pro quo I believe. Armoni is getting free advice from the ones that may be interested in him after another season of prep and the teams get a talented player to scrimmage (for free) with other players that may be ready for the NBA now.

3 Likes

Bingo. Win-Win for both sides.

2 Likes

i hope the coaching staff/armoni are aware of the deadline and that they need to get his name out of the system by tomorrow midnight and we dont have a repeat of the jherrod stiggers incident.

there is no announcement of him returning and a couple outlets are questioning if he is coming back since no one is putting out a release

those unfamiliar with the stiggers thing, he declared early with the intentions of returning, but signed with an agent to get him workouts
not realizing that removed his eligibility (old rules)