Army Bowl

Hear ! Hear ! what are these games you speak of and who is this Apple Dumpling fella ?

2 Likes

Coogster is pretty spot on here with this take. One thing I would add is that Apple Betty pretty much lost this team after “Coat gate”. I rarely saw him get in anyone’s grill for their play on the field, but he takes it upon himself to get in Oliver’s grill for wearing a coat. This is some bizarre behavior…reminded me of when ole Buddy Bar Ryan threw the punch at Gilbride of Frankenstein back in the day.

1 Like

Dumb question, but where was the los on that infamous punt? Wasn’t able ti watch the game, we were on a plane that day; and knowing the outcome I deleted the recording when I returned home.

EarEmUp, for me, the game against Cincinnati in 1993 was the worst ever game. I looked around the Adtrodome and felt like if I left at the end of the third quarter I should turn out the lights.

1 Like

We were on their 29. I believe it was fourth and goal.
Could we have made a 46 yard FG?
Throw it up and hope? Odds?
Kick and pin them back?

Result: ball downed at the one.

Believe Army punted on that series but gained decent yardage and scored a TD on the next possession.

You go for the FG. Get some confidence, score some points. We were getting bashed.

Dalton’s career long FG was 44 yards.

At that point you just go for it, we were down big. Also did Army even punt all game? I want to say we had a penalty and they had a big run the first two plays after that which pushed them past where they would have gotten it anyway.

No, they did not, as I remember it. I think they scored every darn time they had the ball - except for the one time when they lost the ball on a fumble.

You don’t punt from inside your territory when you’re down like that. That just reeks of, “I’ve quit…have you?”

Buddy and Kevin, pretty funny…yeah, the Jacket thing was lame. Applewhite chose to go after Oliver out of pure frustration. Seem like he was trying to make Ed mad to feel good about himself.

I dont think we’ll have difficulty scoring on OU’s defense similar to what we did against TT this year. I can definitley see us putting up over 550 in total offense and 35-to 40 plus points. The question is can we stop the enough.