Art-Briles-visits-UH-practice

I have no problem with a former UH coach appearing on our campus wearing UH gear.

It can’t be any worse than the infamous night that Kim Helton showed up at Robertson for a UH-Memphis game, and sat behind the Memphis bench while wearing Memphis gear.

8 Likes

One thing about CMA he is all straight talk, really appreciate that about him. He doesn’t try be someone he’s not… NO BS stuff. Whether he has great Coaching career at UH or any other Univ is another matter but I truly don’t see him changing. #wellgrounded #familyfirst

8 Likes

To me, I think it’s terrific that Art is able to spend some time with Kendal at UH on and off the UH FB practice fields. He and his three kids all attended UH. So to me, he’s one of us and will always be welcome at UH.

And I hope that he has a chance to re-connect with former UH Coach Bill Yeoman while he’s in town as well.

I fully expect to see him coaching college FB again in the future, and I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him associated with Kendal in the future. Just not too sure how soon, in what capacity and where that might occur.

5 Likes

Not wise to have him at practice, in my view.

Hiring his son was already controversial enough.

Our program needs to keep him at a distance.

The rest of the North American football establishment has made him persona non-grata.

7 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better. I’ve been very fortunate to have lived a very clean life late into my 50’s and its crazy how everyone is ready to send the man straight to He… , when they don’t know the story on how everything went down etc… but that’s for another day. Again for me I’m glad CMA is consistent in his ways. He knew when Kendal was hired his Dad may want to come to come and visit --Family. You can’t have it both ways !! #GoCoogs

4 Likes

Btw my response was to Woodmarks remarks. I’m not very good on here using reply tab correctly.

1 Like

Why bring the attention(a cloud) a couple of weeks before the start of the season? I don’t get it. This was not needed and can only bring the wrong attention to us. The door has been open. It has been open for all kind of speculations.Why?

1 Like

Again imo this was already decided and discussed when Kendall was hired. I’m sure he asked if his Dad would be able to come by and attend practice etc… If they had said no he couldn’t come by then I don’t see CKB coming on board. Just don’t think all sudden Kendall says hey my Dad wants to come by tomorrow is that ok? That door was already opened when CKB was hired. Jmo.

6 Likes

Thanks for the clarification Tom.

And I agree with you that Art has been welcomed as a visitor to the UH FB program; and that was likely a pre-condition of Kendal choosing to accept the Offensive Coordinator coaching position here at UH.

If we could be so lucky, maybe Art would even agree to sit up in the UH coaching booth and talk on the headset to Kendal during the games. Arguably, he couldn’t hurt our scheming and/or half-time adjustments.

2 Likes

Woodmarks, you really trying to get this message board in a fizzy… hehe. I was at least trying to take soft approach with it was already decided on what could occur in relative to his Father’s visiting etc. We agree to agree!!

1 Like

I am happy Art came by. I don’t despise him the way I do Herman and Scumlin. I have no problem with him attending practices.

6 Likes

This really isn’t a big distraction. It’s really just being covered barely locally. Trust me if this team underperforms it’s not going to because Art Briles showed up at a practice.

3 Likes

Do it.

Number of NY6/BCS bowl wins since Briles left us for a “better” job:

UH: 1

Dumpster Fire Baylor: ZERO

Thanks UCF and Storm Johnson.

5 Likes

This is no distraction as it seems most including Applewhite think “fatherly love” is only applicable to boys.
He was a scumbag for leaving UH in the way he did; he’s pathetic for what he did at Baylor.

Further evidence of the now post-truth and post-virtues world.

3 Likes

I tend to agree. He screwed us the way he left (taking coach’s, recruits, having current coach’s he took begin to recruit for Baylor…). He can visit his son at his son’s home or restaurant. Period.

2 Likes

Off topic: Does John Jenkins ever visit UH? If he does, do his visits get media attention or scrutiny ala Art Briles? Just asking for a friend. I’ll hang-up and listen. Gracias, Merci, Thanks.

Go Coogs. Peace.

P.S. I am not attempting to equate JJ’s departure from UH to AB. I’m not suggesting that JJ did anything similar to what happened at BU. Just asking if JJ still visits UH.

1 Like

Art attended Texans and Patriots practice last year so I don’t think it’s a story.

3 Likes

He won a championship here, to me he is welcome.

3 Likes

Art Briles was spotted at several NFL training camps since the Waco scandal. Briles was welcomed as a guest of the following teams:

Tennessee Titans
Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
Los Angeles Rams
Dallas Cowboys
Houston Texans
New England Patriots

4 Likes