Art-Briles-visits-UH-practice

One word… Tulsa…

3 Likes

Two words - golf clubs.

If everyone else said it’s ok - it must be. The masses have spoken.

1 Like

I don’t care about any argument or opinion. I do not like this at all.

It was hard enough to accept bringing in Kendal Briles, but I did anyway because there wasn’t much he could do during the scandal. This man has way too much baggage to be hanging around here. Obviously it was a matter of time, but with all of the media we have on us… I mean come on now.

2 Likes

No football team in North America wants anything to do with this guy. Even the CFL vetoed his hiring.

Not the guy we want to have associated with our program.

As I said…we need to put some distance between Briles and our program.

2 Likes

NFL teams will associate with most anyone of the lowest, and another reason I have not followed or cared for the NFL for many years (only now do I have interest re CK). And Art can go anywhere he wants, but treating UH as a doormat as he did, please let your stopover at Hobby be the closest you come to Cullen Blvd. I guess he showed up so he could tell us with a straight face, “I’m still proud to be a Cougar.”

1 Like

Kim Helton won a championship too. Another thing the two had in common, never won a bowl game.

1 Like

Jenkins has actually gone to several games.

If I’m not mistaken didn’t Herman invite him to a practice in 2016?

Shawn we went to School at the same time. John Jenkins to me should be back at U of H one way or the other. The 1990 Season imo is the best Coached Team we ever had.

Who decides who gets vilified and deified??? Briles, Sumlin, and Herman left UH the exact way the vast majority of coaches leave all programs. They leave as soon as they sign on with their new school and take assistant coaches and recruits with them … its been going on forever. I’ll give Scott Frost his due, he stayed with his undefeated UCF team through their bowl game. Would he have stayed if they weren’t undefeated? Who knows … but then he left for Nebraska with most of the UCF staff and a immediately offered a bunch of their recruits. Why is Frost some kind of a god and Briles Sumlin and Herman demons?

2 Likes

Briles should be considered a bigger demon than the others because of the whole Rape U thing.

No comparison.

Not even close.

4 Likes

I agree. I was at UH from August 1989 to August 1994…yes, it took me a tad longer than four years to graduate…my social skills developed exponentially in 1989-1990, while my academics took a back seat, but I digress. The 1989 season (9-2), the 1990 season (10-1), and the 1991 season (4-6) were fun times at UH. Basketball with Pat Foster was pretty good, too. Some of the best years of life at UH…great education, great life experience. When JJ was at UH, everyone used the term, “Hoss!” “We’re gonna kick their _____ (rear-end), Hoss!” He was good for a few good quotes each week.

Back on topic - It does not bother me that AB visited KB at UH. Everyone makes mistakes in life. AB is paying a heavy price, as he should. That said, forgiveness and rehabilitation can be good things in life, too.

Go Coogs. Peace.

6 Likes

Exactly. I can’t think of anything worse than losing your career. Especially some thing you have a passion for and love.

If you can’t think of anything worse, than you haven’t been paying attention to why Art is still unemployed in North America.

6 Likes

I’d say what happened to the women that were raped at Baylor was worse.

4 Likes

If BABs hadn’t listed to (the snake, imho) Ed Young and gotten slimmed off by some Baptists, he could have still been here with national respect, not as much $$s (but good money anyway) but a much better reputation. I blame that scum Ed Young who used his position as pastor to recruit a football coach for his alma mater.

2 Likes

Since Art Briles reportedly had no involvement with any of the rape allegations on the Baylor campus and since the vast majority of the recent rape allegations (95+% of them) had nothing to do with members of the Baylor football program, it seems obvious that the Baylor board members have decided to try to limit the damage to their school’s reputation by trying to squash the results of their internal legal investigation.

In that regard, it appears that they decided to use Art Briles as kind of a “scapegoat” for Baylor’s much wider spread alleged sexual assault problems and to offer large financial payments to the alleged victims in order to silence them. What a big mess!

7 Likes

Let me clarify I am not at all defending his actions. He showed a complete lack of moral character and judgement. He didn’t " break the law" and the ones that committed those acts are in prison where they should be. His coaching career here in the states is over and he deserves that is what I mean.

1 Like

Shaggy -
Go ahead and ask … :slight_smile:

This should answer your question:

Enjoy the season, CoogFans!
Hit me up with questions anytime. (Joseph.duarte@chron.com. I’ll try and reply in a timely manner.)

JD

5 Likes

Just for you. Followed up my complaint of him showing personal bias as he covers UH sports with a second tweet. “When UH plays Arizona, will the headline to your story be “Ex-A&M coach Kevin Sumlin visits UH” and have a picture of him and Kyle Allen in Aggie gear?”