Art-Briles-visits-UH-practice

ah the timing … same time as i was putting up my tweet … but thanks for the go ahead

Wow. It’s not that deep. We’re not going to hire him. He’s not spending the night. Kids aren’t even on campus yet. He is just here to be with his son. If he gives CKB some pointers and we turn those pointers into more “points” I highly doubt any of you here would be ticked off about the 50 points we put on a team in the NY6 bowl. Relax.

2 Likes

Which kids are you talking about? Obviously the football players are there. No one is calling Art a rapist. Just someone that is a horrible mentor to football players and not a great human being either.

Sumlin stayed at OU until the season was over before coming to UH.
Herman stayed at OSU until the season was over before coming to UH.

But we don’t get the same courtesy. We dont even get them doing their jobs until they left

11 Likes

Pretty sure Briles coached in the Texas Tech 2002 bowl game. It’s on his resume. When he bailed on UH early, UH was still in a 20 year bowl win drought too,

1 Like

Scott Frost never coached UH so most of us don’t care how or when changed jobs. Ask UCF fans how much love they have for him if you really want to know.

Briles was on my s–t list as soon as he left for BU. He is a UH alumnus and just walked out. Disgusting, no integrity, etc, etc. As for the BU stuff, I am not convinced he wasn’t the sacrificial lamb so the administrators could keep their jobs.

Sumlin, I enjoyed watching all the touchdowns but he doesn’t believe in defense which I knew would eventually doom him.

Herman, honestly, I wasn’t on this board when he was here so I don’t know what was being said, but it appears mid 2016 he’s promising players and recruits that he had no intention of leaving when he did. Lack of integrity.

For if those three gentlemen and I were the last people on earth, I would talk to them in this order

1. Sumlin
  2. Briles
  3. Herman

Just my opinion.

3 Likes

We disagree there. There was a major problem with the Baylor football program and he was the coach. The buck stops with him.

1 Like

Do the math at least. Baylor players make up 2% of the male student population. They were committing 5% of the rapes. That means 2 1/2 times the rate of all other males on campus. Now add to it, the amount of time Briles spends with the players in practice, on the road, in the film room on a day to day basis. If he truly didn’t know any of that was going on, then he has no business being in the position of a mentor anyway.

Is he mentoring them on what it takes to be a rapist? I highly doubt it. Briles woke up this morning and was like “Ya know what? I’m going to the UH practice with the sole purpose of implementing a rape culture in the mere 6 hours I’m in Houston”. lol It’s not that deep.

1 Like

Then what was your point of bringing up kids on campus? Which kids were you talking about?

Kids (girls) being off campus wasn’t my point. My point was that there isn’t anything going on besides him showing up to practice to see his son. He’s not giving a speech or coaching the players. It’s not that deep. However, one thing that people keep repeatedly doing is ignoring the fact that this all falls on more than one person. Given the context that surrounds both Briles, I’m sure our president made the approval before he stepped one foot on Cullen Blvd. If she’s fine with it so should we.

2 Likes

Not every decision over the years gets to be quarantined in a shroud, that she is an omnipotent being that can make no mistakes. If she approves of Art hanging out on the practice field in his “UH guest” apparel and thinks it doesn’t reflect on UH poorly, I’m going to question that.

1 Like

You’re correct. It isn’t my place to say what people should question. But do you think it is quite possible we are overestimating how much the situation really matters? I don’t think it’s even made national headlines, and if it does, who would care other than Baylor fans, and Coogs? Let’s be real. lol Joe Blow’s Blog doesn’t constitute as a reason for me to worry. People will talk about UH regardless. Let them “think” all they want. It’ll be all forgotten by 9/1.

I agree. Why should any outsider be offended by Art while letting Baylor get away with no penalty.
We hired Kendal, if people wanted to protest then that was the time. I don’t think people are going to protest Art just being around the program, he has no official capacity here.

1 Like

Benedict bailed before the TCU bowl game in the Texas Bowl at Reliant. His assistants were kicked out by Dave Maggard because he found out they were recruiting for Baylor on UH’s dime. It got ugly.

Looking at it objectively, Briles departure was probably the worst of the three early deaprtures due to the recruiting thing. Scumlin and Judas left their coordinators for the bowl game at the minimum, and my understanding is all of the coordinators behaved admirably in their interim positions.

1 Like

So apparently you’ve got your narrative prewritten for the next coach that leaves UH. No prob, but since you only care about the UH coaches that bolt on their teams and not the national epidemic of this phenomena (for decades) I’d say nothings going to change.

Did CAB rape someone? Did he cover up for someone that did? Did he try to steer the Title IX office or local police away from an investigation? Did he try to persuade alleged victims from coming forward with allegations against his players?
The answer to all of those is NO. He was the football coach at Baylor when the sexual assault scandal broke.

1 Like

Can you please show where you get your info that 5% of the sexual assaults at Baylor were committed by football players? You’ve used that figure for months. Patty Crawford, the Baylor Title IX director stated on national television that she handled “hundreds of assault cases of which 5% were committed by Baylor athletes; and Baylor athletes make up 5% of the Baylor enrollment” It was later quantified that there were over 300 complaints filed to her office.
Title IX directors direct quote … how do you morph that into Baylor football players committed 5% of the assaults? Does Baylor have any other “athletes” besides football players? Statistics wasn’t my best course either. There were some very high profile cases that involved football players, the vast majority did not. In what was probably the highest profile assault, the alleged gang rape by as many as 8 people, Coach Briles personally talked to the girl and strongly urged her to prosecute. A fact attested to by the victim and her coach. That victim publicly stated her highest regard for Coach Briles as a human being … amazing we have so many well informed individuals on the forums that can disregard or bend the facts but have no problem laying judgement … extreme judgement on others

2 Likes

Art graduated from Texas Tech. He played for the Coogs and lost his parents while here. I have ZERO issues of Art being there supporting his son. Our offense just got exponentially better,

6 Likes

The way he left and walked out on those young men, HIS team and handled himself in the entire situation says all I need to know about the man…he can go pound sand

1 Like