Art

I HAVE A GOOD FRIEND HERE WHO IS VERY CLOSE
FRIENDS WITH CAB. DAVE WAS VISITING WITH ART
IN THEIR VERY NICE HOME IN HORSE SHOE BAY, AND
HE TOLD ART HEY YOU HAVE MONEY IN THE BANK AND
A VERY NICE HOME. ART REPONDED " I WOULD RANTHER
BE LIVING IN A DOUBLE WIDE AND COACHING CLASS B
FOOTBALL IN TEXAS. NOW THAT IS A FOOTBALL COACH.
I STILL THINK ART WAS THE SCAPE GOAT FOR THEIR
B OF R. IN WACO.

14 Likes

Let’s just offer Art and Kendall Briles a 10 year contract. No buyouts. At least we know the offense will be good. J/K :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, clearly Art wants to return to coaching and hopefully soon will be able to do so.

Gene - It was good to visit with you and your wife at the Texas Tech game in Lubbock. Side note, Art’s 400 acre family ranch in Pearl, Texas (just west of Fort Hood) is adjacent to my father-in-law’s 200 acre ranch.

2 Likes

Good idea! Let’s do it now!

4 Likes

IT WAS A NICE DAY WITH COUGAR FRIENDS, JUST
A CRAPPY 4TH QUARTER. THE MRS AND I WILL BE
AT THE BB GAME ON THE 23RD

1 Like

Would solve the revolving door at HC but could you imagine the firestorm
i wish they’d just lay it all out on the table and either convict or exonerate the man.

4 Likes

I’m all aboard for hiring Art + Kendal.

Damn the critics
full speed ahead.

9 Likes

I am all for giving CAB a second chance. Look at what Liberty is doing. A great example of grace and second chances. By all means both men should be under a microscope and willingly so. I say welcome Art back at the next chance to hire a head coach.

8 Likes

Definitely wouldn’t mind having Art back in some capacity

6 Likes

He knows how to win with 2 and 3 star players. He saved UH football from being removed as a sport.

8 Likes

And then turned his back on his Alma Mater for money. Screw him!

Art didn’t graduate from UH. He graduated from Texas Tech. Technically, Texas Tech is his alma mater.

Art gets no quarter. I don’t buy the ah shucks I’d rather live in a double wide but maybe he is that dumb. Art wasn’t a victim of some #metoo witch-hunt. It’s too bad, because he’s an innovative sneaky genius as a coach but he crapped the bed.

3 Likes

Art is basically a country boy. He’s not sophisticated and he’s not overly intuitive about politics and organizational behavior. He really was born to coach football.

In this softball environment we live in a full-throated apology backed by work supporting women’s causes would get him a reprieve. Unfortunately I don’t think Art is sophisticated enough to pull it off.

He’ll spend his days living vicariously through his son. All fathers aspire to that to a certain degree anyway.

I don’t know anything about the case. How many years has it been now and was the “ban” long enough for punishment? Has he found The Lord or what?

I believe in forgiveness if he was not successfully prosecuted by law. Maybe even then.

Now IF there is an accuser who cannot prove anything it is something that steams me more every day in this world.

“Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour” is one (either the eighth or ninth , the designation varies between religions) of the 10 Commandments. – OK per wiki Somehow our justice system left that one dramatically weakened.

The crime of purgery (and THAT word is a euphemism in my book) should be up there with the level of the infraction or crime that is being falsely claimed.

1. If the claim is true but cannot be proven the accuser should keep the mouth SHUT imo.

2. What I mean is accuse me of rape falsely yet find a way to convince a jury, OK, I’m toast.

3. If I find myself exonerated then the accuser should be held to the same punishment as I would be to the extent that a jury decides is provable. The accuser’s intent is particularly important here.

4. the penalty of falsely accusing someone must be as bad as the crime. This is the only way I know to stop all of the ruined lives of individuals and their families.

I am sick of the lies and people suffering for them!!!

Sorry folks, I specialize in a loathing of injustice.

1 Like

Mike Leach Who was Texas Tech’s HC is another one that seems suspicious, imo.

“I don’t know anything about the case” 
you could have just stopped there.

“If the claim is true but cannot be proven the accuser should keep the mouth SHUT imo” 
so we’ll go with victim blaming??? Excellent.

“What I mean is accuse me of rape falsely yet find a way to convince a jury, OK, I’m toast” this is the dumbest statement I’ve ever read.

Baylor settled with the accuser. Wonder why they did that on false claims?

Too many claim to be victims who are not. I am talking about the whole sociological picture.
I agree with the sentiment that guilty or not find out. Punish the bad and exonerate those not proven guilty.

1 Like

Settling with an accuser is done all the time to avoid a court case, bad publicity, and legal costs and risk. Baylor;s decisions are not a legal court decision.

I think often we believe whatever we are told by the media so I tend to wait for the law to handle it and trust our justice system. Leach has been fighting TT since 2009.

If Briles is guilty then prosecute to the fullest. It is wrong, imo to do otherwise. I believe in consequences for one’s actions. These things come and go and the only court seems to be public opinion which is manipulated by corrupt media. Usually following the money.

Now as fa as Briles is concerned I said I do not know. Regardless I am “dumb” in your mind and personally don’t care.

Say what you will hereafter, I will not participate in any escalating renal tract performance contests.

Nothing lasts forever. (except for death and taxes)

I wish UH would start preparing for change instead of being “surprised” when a coach has success and leaves. Imagine creating a system where we are constantly scouting and preparing for the next best P5 assistant who is ready to be a HC. No need for ‘continuity’.

We should be marketing to coaches. “Help us move to the next level and we will get you to the next level”