Attendance tonight 40,873

Gotcha. If I bought a ticket at the top of the stadium, better believe I would post up on the concourse, near a beer vendor and a bathroom, lol! When looking out at the skyline, you see there are a ton of people watching from there. I bet it feels great to with the breeze we had last night.

Yeah, I am going to try to be better about getting into the stadium earlier, but it is hard when that is the only time I see most of my tailgating crew and we are catching up.

2 Likes

Ditto!

I thought the stadium looked amazing last night. I don’t know if we’ll ever fill in the upper corners for reasons many of the reasons posted above. I was in the west end zone and know for a fact there was a group behind us that were not all ticket holders in that section. I have no problem with it, they wanted to be together and it wasn’t bothering anyone. When you have so much GA room (endzones and student section) you’re going to get a lot of that.

There were a whole bunch of people standing in the concourse, especially in the plaza area down in the “open endzone” with the downtown skyline view

I have no doubt that the had 40,000 in house last night

1 Like

Also unlike many older college stadiums, it’s too easy to get in and out of your seats at TDECU, because of its convenient design. At Texas State we were shoehorned into our vey long row
 too much trouble to get up and move around.

This convenient ( and good ) design at TDECU I believe adds to more empty seats during game.

1 Like

Put concession stands and restrooms in upper level, we will see more fans up there.

4 Likes

Absolutely.

All great points, but I must emphasize that they always run out of Buffalo Tenders and hot dogs! Everytime!

Dude, would someone please get Marsaave his Buffalo Tenders and Hot Dogs!!!

2 Likes

[quote=“pray10, post:2, topic:3447, full:true”]
2nd biggest on-campus crowd.
[/quote].

Not in terms of actual human being in attendance.

UTSA and Memphis were full or near full games. This one wasn’t even close. I’d guess about 30,000. My 200s section was about 80% full. Upper decks on both sides was light 
 particularly on northside which was at 50% capacity or less. You can feel when the stadium is full. It wasn’t on Thursday night.

Boy I am glad your here to put us in our place. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

People that have tickets in the upper decks usually don’t sit in their seats. They stand in the concourse and watch the game. I have tickets in the 300 level and I’ve yet to sit in my seats this season. This is why the upper decks are not full.

1 Like

Well, some people simply do not like an honest evaluation of the facts. I’ve never understood those people.

@CoogFansAdmin

How do you mute people?

1 Like

Once again. The reason the upper decks are not full is because people that hold those tickets stand in the concourse and watch the game. There were people standing 10 deep in the concourse area behind the student section Thursday night.

Dude you understand your estimate of 30,000 is not a fact right? TDECU was more than 60% full. I am not saying it was 40,000 but 30,000 is aggy math.

1 Like

How do you mute people?

Let me look into it.

I’m not sure how to interpret this. The stadium capacity is 40,000. If TDECU was 60% full, there would be 24,000 present (this would be about right for the Lamar game). At 30,000 in attendance, TDECU would be 75% full – that was my estimate.

My estimate of 30,000 is what I called “an honest evaluation of the facts”. The facts are that the northside 300s were not nearly at capacity. The southside 300s had sections at 50% or less capacity, and the northside 200s were not full, In addition, I found it surprising that there were so many empty seats in the prime 100s.

The 40,000+ official attendance is a fact. That there were 40,000 people actually in attendance is a fiction.

Save the time looking up how to mute people, and just ban TAMU91. He’s been passive-aggressively trolling the board for weeks.

2 Likes

Agree, the welcome has seriously worn thin