Attendance

One of the rare times we left early because the sun was intense and I started to get a headache…every time the cloud covered the sun it felt so good though

There was 20k of us in the concourse, not bad there but it was brutal hot in seats…congrats to staff and players OUTSTANDING job well done

3 Likes

I’ve complained about attendance many times, but I feel everyone was in their seats and loud while the game was in question (about a quarter and a half). I saw really young kids and older people sizling…but still hanging in there!!

Proud of coog nation!!

9 Likes

Agree, solid showing all things considered.

Ditto to what everyone said. The little cloud coverage we had disappeared. The heat was brutal hard plenty of water and was still getting a little light headed.

Right because the announcers pick the start times of the games. If you want to play ever game at 7 then don’t complain when you’re stuck on a channel no one can see or only available streaming.

Check with Goodyear about a BIG blimp. Maybe one big enough to give the entire stadium some shade when needed.

Never left my seat the entire game. Got up to leave and almost could not get up and down the stairs. Drank most of two big bottles of water and still dehydrated. Home now and still drinking water. It was HOT today, even when it was cloudy . . . . .

Parked over by the Den and had no problem getting in about 10:15. No wait in line to enter lot. Caught last bus back to bookstore area and no traffic exiting campus, either. Really felt like the attendance was light, but I read otherwise . . . . . The area we park in had few vehicles . . . . . 1/3 full at best . . . . .

2 Likes

Having been to both games, I felt that the Rice game was worse in terms of the heat.

1 Like

If we want to call that crowd 32k, let all comments about what Rice announces end please. I checked the red dot situation 30 minutes before the game. Mysteriously a good 2k worth of red dots were missing from the upper portion of all the upper deck visitor sections. I thought they were letting them be claimed by students. Unless there was 8k of people on the concourse the entire first half, there was some manipulation of the tickets sold count.

There were a bunch of us in the concourse for sure

Agreed. Looked like a pretty good crowd in their seats and cheering while the game was in doubt. Pretty good considering the conditions.

1 Like

The entire stadium could have fit in the lower section of tdecu so attendance was disappointing from the point of view of briles debut as he future head coach.

But attendance is completely irrelevant because tv ratings are what matters and I’m pretty sure today’s game will get a good eyeball rating.

1 Like

Someone may have bought up a bunch of tickets to pad the number.

Two facts not worth debating:

1. it’s hot and humid in Houston. Learn to live with it, love it, embrace it.
  2. There are very few true sell outs and we manipulate “ticket sales” to look their best just like everybody else does. I don’t like it but I hate looking into the stands when they are 3/4ths full but hear that it was a sell out because most people where in bathroom or the concourse. We rarely sell out! Learn to live with it, love it,embrace it.
2 Likes

Yeah, not sure who would care enough to buy 200 ticket blocks in at least 10 different sections just to ensure we have over 30k. I feel like we allotted those tickets the day of the game to students for walk ups. Whether they used them or not, it still goes as part of the ticket count.

Attendance is what it its, and was basically exactly what I was expecting.

I actually thought it was much hotter last week at the Rice game.

However, I was in the upper deck at Rice, and today had a little bit of shade in the back of the home side lower bowl.

We’ve done it before but it could have been students. There may have been no shows.

We really need to build some shade.

4 Likes

The booth announcers were taunting the field reporter with their AC comments while he was holding the thermometer on the field

I almost made it to the end of the 1st quarter before having to take the kiddos into the shade. We left the game at the end of the 3rd. The 11:00 starts are not bad logistically as a father of 4 under 11 years old. We make it home in time for nap time. But that heat though. It’s real.