Available Grad Transfer QBs

I am not saying Tune is Heiman quality yet, but 2* Joe Burrow could not get on the field at OSU, his Jr. year was good, his Sr. year was great. We have Tune, he knows the system, has the arm, lets see what he can do when the offense is all his. This was a crazy year.

Go Coogs!

3 Likes

Burrow was a four star, just FYI.

2 Likes

Joe Burrow wasnt a 2 star recruit lmao. Ohio State would have never signed him.

2 squared

4 Likes

So Duffy couldn’t drink enough to get accepted by Tulane?

One of the talking heads on TV referred to Burrow as a 2 star recruit (in a story on ESPN after the game), so I looked it up and he was a 4 star. You can’t go by the internet or the talking heads on TV.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering whether CougariDOC was mixed up or passing along bad information he got somewhere else.

Burrow obviously wasn’t some under the radar kid who defied expectations (though I guess the season he just had would defy reasonable expectation for pretty much any player). But he is a good example of the ability of a player to make massive year over year improvements.

Backup Clemson QB became avail today.

2 Likes

Put me in the Tune camp. Great arm, great wheels. Very smart. If we got Costello I could see Dana saving Clayton and letting him get some more practice in. If not I’m not worried.

3 Likes

Costello has a lot of suiters so it would be shocking if he ended up at Houston. I watched him play a bit in PAC 12, and no doubt he had a down year, but that had a lot to do with a crappy offensive line running a pro style offense. This kid is smart and has a great arm, though. He graduated Stanford in 3 years, and he actually threw for more yardage than Andrew Luck in comparison. If he’s interested he could step in and give Tune a redshirt year

1 Like

I hear Brooks Brothers has the inside track.

2 Likes

I hear he’s looking for an Abbott as his RB.

2 Likes

I agree it’s unlikely he’d pick here, but it wouldn’t be crazy if that’s what he decided. I’m guessing his move is to maximize NFL chances rather than Heisman/CFP chances, but that’s just my speculation. Dana has a great track record with QB’s, at least with respect to getting them to the NFL. There was that report from a reputable reporter that Jordan Love was considering transferring to Tech (reunite with Wells), OU (obvious why he’d be interested) and here. Of course, he later said that report was wrong, so who knows what spawned it or how accurate it was.

Wait, are you implying that Tulane has higher standards than we do?

2 Likes

Of BAC

Since school has started, wouldn’t any QB transfer have to wait now until summer school?

Not quite.you can still transfer, but he is taking grad level classes and has already missed a week of class. He needs to decide What he’s doing ASAP no matter what.

What makes you think that?

IIRC, the starting power forward for the 1983-1984 Georgetown basketball team that defeated UH in the national championship game in March '84 never passed a single credit hour of classes at Georgetown University. None whatsoever. Nada.

1 Like

While I don’t know much about that player, king is not exactly a lock for the NFL so if he ever plans on finishing his masters his grades matter. And he was college of education but not for teaching, I’m pretty sure the thing he wants to do requires a masters. Also his gpa resets at a new school, So if he fails his classes this semester he could be academically ineligible.

1 Like

He was going to take post-bacc classes at UH.