B12 expansion

https://twitter.com/GeorgeSchroeder/status/755507941046939648

That is not what they said on the call. They are going to vet the schools that have shown interest in the conference. Of course haven’t they already done this by now.

Jake Trotter
ESPN Staff Writer

The Big 12 announces it has authorized commissioner Bob Bowlsby to explore expansion candidates.

Jake Trotter
ESPN Staff Writer

Boren: Bowlsby will be contacting expansion candidates to determine the nature of their interest.

Pete Thamel (@SIPeteThamel)

23 mins ago - View on Twitter

Takeaway from the Big 12 Pres meeting today is that expansion is likely. At least by two schools. And possibly four.

1 Like

George Schroeder (@GeorgeSchroeder)

9 mins ago - View on Twitter

Remarkable: In 1 meeting, Big 12 has gone from multiple officials saying expansion would be tabled to all but saying expansion is coming.

2 Likes

Delay - delay - delay. That is all they ever do!

Mark Schlabach (@Mark_Schlabach)

20 mins ago - View on Twitter

14-team Big 12 is on the table. BYU, Memphis, UCF, USF, Colorado State, Houston, UConn, Boise State, others

Dan Wolken (@DanWolken)

4 mins ago - View on Twitter

This expansionpalooza is gonna be amazing. The Big 12 is going to pull 2 or 4 schools from the poor house to $30 million a year.

3 Likes

Dewey Defeats Truman indeed.

Within a few minutes, the narrative went from “definitely no expansion,” to we’re looking for expansion candidates that’ll strengthen the conference.

1 Like

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 26m26 minutes ago

Headline: B12 unanimously approves moving ahead with expansion exploration.

Apparently, Texas came on board the expansion train.

1 Like

I’m going to be severely upset when the Big 12 adds four teams not named Houston.

1 Like

God help us if they take 4 and we aren’t one of them.

3 Likes

They are gonna take us if they take anyone. They know the pac wants us.

Our AD requesting a meeting with the Pac 12 does not mean the Pac 12 wants us.

Probably not,but I still think the pac nd acc want us.

Since their tv contract increases proportionately if a school is added expanding is a no brainer but I doubt we’re in the mix due to the fear of competition from the Texas schools

We are already stealing recruits. They better stop the gap.

1 Like

Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB)

31 mins ago - View on Twitter

Big12: 6 factors cited for Big 12 expansion: Strength of athletic dept, fan base size, media market, school’s reputation, academic strength.

As I review that list, I feel pretty good about our chances.

Why the sudden change? Go west young man. Go west.

1 Like

The PAC 12 meeting leak may have been no news in itself, but it may have been enough of a wake-up call to the danger of letting another P5 into the state. More if than when, but still suddenly a much more real issue in their minds. Combine with the likely evaluation of our value in general, and probably an increased skepticism of their stability with growing disbelief in Baylor, and a president may just have his head turned far enough to see things our way.

1 Like