Baby Briles

I agree with the idea to save the offense for Arizona but Rice caused a change of heart.

Also agree with trying to stay vanilla until Rice forced it. I also thought the whole way through that it looked like a typical Briles team, especially the previous UH go round. Basically the sex panther
60% of the time it works every time
desire smells like that to some people, etc. The biggest difference was O line discipline. They may not have dominated but we also didn’t have double digit false starts. That really impressed me from a group coached by Briles and Clements.

The run game and run blocking were both lousy in the first half, but seemed to get better in the second.

I wonder what the difference was. Did Rice’s defense simply deflate and get worn down?

We should be able to hold on Briles for another year with a nice raise (if needed), after that the dynamics will definitely change.

This thread has hit bizarro land. We play one game and you guys are already talking about KB leaving. On top of that, the Applewhite haters are bashing him. Coaches are made by their body of work and I don’t think we have enough sample size to know how Applewhite will do. We should save these discussions for after the season because they don’t create anything good during the season and aren’t based on a large enough sample size to make any long-term conclusions.

14 Likes

Well, if this season can go like I hope, then after another good 2019, CMA will possibly be moving on, and I have no doubt Kendal will be offered the HC’ing position at UH.

BS. !!

How could Rice’s defense wear down ?

They were only on the field for 20 minutes.

6 Likes

What part is bs? Applewhite and donofrio have a no poach contract so where will the money come from to not only buy them out but offer Kendall enough money to stay?

You can’t tap the Tillman money tap forever, especially since he just spent a lot of money on his new toy.

Hold him from who? You really think we can outbid UT? It would probably be the first time in the history of college football that an offensive coordinator was getting paid more than his own head coach.

Two problems with your tirade:

First, TU will not touch anything that even remotely touches upon BABs and the events which transpired at Baylor. That includes all coaches who were there, regardless of their level of nonparticipation.

Second, given Herman’s problems, TU will not want to revisit another hire from UH. It will stick to poaching coaches from the P5 ranks.

6 Likes

They’ve already hired one coach from BABs staff.

3 Likes

won’t matter our next OC will be our former successful OC when he’s dumped this year in lubbock
welcome back Kliff.

6 Likes

I can’t picture Kliff taking a step back without getting another shot with a G5 school as head coach first.

1 Like

Or save them for never.

4 Likes

In Q1 Rice was loading the box to stop the run and our receivers did a great job of dropping passes resulting in mostly 3 and out. In Q2 the receivers started catching passes.

3 Likes

If Kliff is dumped, I see him going to OC of Zona before coming here.

Tech is a very hard place to win.

Who cares. Enjoy the season. We’ll find the next guy

4 Likes

Lol
exactly. I opened this thread and was like WTF, we are this sensitive that we’re having this conversation AFTER THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON AGAINST RICE. Jeez

1 Like