Bad times at College Station

This is one of the many reasons why I love this board. No matter what the topic is we can start talking about Southern culture. lol

5 Likes

I have always had a bad taste for the Aggies, and always enjoyed when they would erupt as a fan base…but my favorite was when they fired their head coach the morning after we slaughtered them in the Astrodome…
But regardless, you have to tip your Coogs hats to the nut cases as they will continue to draw huge crowds and spend big money for their school…their fan support is something I have always been a tad jealous of …that said, Go Coogs…

6 Likes

Followers of Athletics @ a$m typically have an irrational delusion of greatness.

I think it is a requirement :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I remember my freshman year when the aggies came into the dome ranked #6 in the polls. We were up 33-0 at half. CBY called off the dogs and coasted in the second half to a 33-0 win.

The best part was the chanting of “Poor Aggies!!” in the dome in the 2nd half. Because of the roof, it just kept reverberating. Ahh Good Times!!

7 Likes

Yep, and their coach was fired the following Monday I believe…

I remember watching Emory’s show the next day. The first 15 minutes were UH highlights. The second 15 minutes were the Aggie marching band ( I kid you not).

Emory never came back on the air.

Aggies !!!

4 Likes

I remember cheering all the way down the spiral ramps and still hearing the Poor Aggie chant in the parking lot.

2 Likes

I remember the poor aggies chant in the Dome. Is there an origin story to the “poor Aggies” saying?

1 Like

The irrational delusion of greatness !

And, I remember one time going out of the stadium in Austin after beating the whorns into a pulp, yelling “Happiness is a dead cow” at the top of my lungs! Good times, indeed.

MY SEASON TICKETS WERE UP IN THE CLUB AREA
WHERE WE USE TO HAVE A DRINK AT HALF TIME. THE
MRS AND I HAD A CUSTOMER (UH GRAD) FOR DINNER
AND THE AGGIE GAME. AT THE HALF WE WOULD GO TO
THE BAR AREA AND AS WE APPROCHED THE DOOR 3
YOUNG AGGIES CAME OUT CUSSING AND TALKING ABOUT THEIR BAND. THE BIG ONE WAS USING VERY
FOUL WORDING. I SAID YOUNG MAN I DEFEND YOUR
RIGHT TO YELL FOR YOUR TEAM BUT THE WORDING
YOU ARE USING IS OFFENSIVE TO THESE LADIES AND
HE SAID I DON’T SEE ANY F&&&ING LADIES. THAT JUST
SET OFF THIS SHORT TEMPERED COOG. I GOT UP IN
HIS FACE AND SAID THAT WOMEN BEHIND ME IS MY
WIFE AND AGGIE SHE IS A LADIE, AND I WILL THROW
YOUR BUTT OVER THIS RAIL IF YOU DON’T APPOGISE.
ABOUT THAT TIME C. BROWN AN R. DORSETT WAS AT
TO DOOR OF THE BAR AND ASK (GENE IS THEIR A
PROBLEM HERE. ) NOT IF HE APPOGISES TO MY WIFE
AND HE DID. LOL THEN WANTED TO BUY US A DRINK.
OH GREAT MEMORIES FOR THIS OLD COOG.

7 Likes

We need to get you patrolling TDECU. There are some nasty vulgar people at these games. Even when you report it to security out there, they just look at you like you are crazy.

1 Like

This thread is awesome just for the food stop ideas for the Tulane game this Fall. My thanks in advance for those who participated in that sidebar.

1 Like

CCollege Station is ugly if you ask me…and the university reminds me of a Potemkin Russian nuclear village. I went to ATM to help with a Boy Scout meeting and I was surprised how dilapidated some of the buildings were…broken hinges on doors…worn chairs…stinky couches in their student center. They receive hundreds of millions from the state over the decades and they huddle together like deranged vermin in that stink hole.

It produces good engineers and ag scientists but the place is a hole.

2 Likes

Indeed - it is just another measure of how low our society has sunk! Now, the entire student body yells out in unison “Mother f—in Cougars” when the official, University-approved, words are supposed to be “Talking 'bout the Cougars.” The “F” bomb has become so common that you can hardly go through a single day without hearing it somewhere!

6 Likes

I was at the BYU game in 2013 at NRG stadium. The chant there was “Fck you, BYU. Fck you, BYU.”

1 Like

The young Coogs will say that’s the way we roll today, get over it.
As an old Coog, i hate hearing the pregame music that’s laced with F bombs, the N word, etc, etc.
Yes, I’m old but I still think we can have some class and be better than the masses. Maybe my standards are too high. So be it.

6 Likes

I’m with you. I don’t think I’m old, but today’s college students would probably disagree. It might be funny at first. But when we’re on National TV, I think it reflects poorly on the University.

1 Like