Ban 'em . .

Ban em Dano

2 Likes

Don’t make me create Coogparler.com

7 Likes

AHAHAHAHA I see what you did there

1 Like

Can I trade like 3 or 4 people to get Pray back??

5 Likes

Cancel culture has invaded Coog fans.

2 Likes

I ban myself sometimes :rofl:

Too distracting from work and other more important personal activities and needed focus. I get tired of the negativism or the doomsday projections regardless of the subject at times, but I can normally handle truck loads before I say I’m out until that board settles down on the insanity front.

I find it incredible that any Coog fan is negative to you for being a parent. I can’t imagine unless they were a troll from another school and wanted to have fun on someone else’s sport’s board. Who would do that as a Coog fan? The player parent would have to have some issues to warrant anything like that.

We really don’t get that many player parents on these boards over the years so I always enjoy hearing from that perspective plus they may provide some inside program insights that us alumni supporters don’t get to see or hear.

We used to hear from Case’s aunt for years and that was great fun and insights and it carried into the early years of his pro career.

The only negative parent I can remember was from a parent of a former player who had issues with our baseball coach (Rayner Noble) who would come on our boards and mouth off about Rayner for years until he was let go is when it stopped. I think he even set up a website against Rayner and was set on trashing his name. I believe the AD even pleaded with him to cool it (not good for recruiting).

Overall, us Coog fans ought to value the insights of player parents and enjoy their time on the board unless they fall into the category above but that was post their son being a part of the program.

4 Likes

Click on the number next to the heart.

I have opted out for awhile myself. I read many posts from this one particular person and took most of it with a grain of salt. Only one comment toward Derek which is his opinion, but many against coach and Clayton. I take those a bit personal since Tune is my son’s roommate, and I did comment back more than once. It’s basically he is angry because his favorite players are not playing. I have never stated that Derek is the best player on this team, but I feel he is an asset and I would hope his teammates feel the same. I need to let that the fact I am a parent go, and not let lt bother me. What kind of parent would I be if I didn’t support my player and his entire team and coaching staff? I feel this team can be something amazing, maybe I am in the minority on that, but I just feel that.
There will always be those fans that feel the need to be negative and it is their right to be so.

12 Likes

But there was another on the football side. Don’t forget CCoog and his many sock puppet accounts.

5 Likes

I think it is hard for most parents of players to hang out on fan boards in today’s age. Just like it would be for a child of a coach and most likely the head coach. Check out the Whorns or Aggie boards if you haven’t before and especially after their losses and the negativism towards coaches, program, players is at least 10 times worse, probably worse. It used to be players were off limits for years, but it seems like it is beginning to slip towards some of them. Sam Ehlinger is like the perfect born and bred Whorn and he still takes hits from some fans. :upside_down_face:

Some use the ignore feature on these boards when some posters become to nauseating to listen too. Not my style, but it seems to work for some posters.

I know far easier to say than do, but just do not let those posters bother you. Make sure you enjoy every minute of these few years of having a child as a collegiate athlete. Only 7% of HS athletes play college sports at any level and less than 2% of HS athletes play D1 sports. That is an elite few relatively speaking. Top 2% of all HS athletes.

Heck, I have probably enjoyed and watched your son’s “scoop and score” for 85 yds at least 10 times
over the last week. If he was my son I probably would be watching that clip 10 times a day for a long foreseeable future and floating in the clouds for a very long time. I still love his answer that the last time he scored was some time during Little League.

Enjoy this short period of time to the max and ignore the insane and pathetic fans out there that exist in the limited minority but whose mouths are loud.

The majority of the rest of us fanatics enjoy the insights into the program and from the vantage point of a player’s parent. Hang in there!

4 Likes

100% dead on.

As I responded to Twinmon, only 7% of HS athletes play collegiate sports at any level and only 2% of HS athletes play D1. Pretty much the elite of the elite of athletes. Then add in that less than 2% of that batch go onto professional sports.

Most have no clue what it takes to perform at the D1 level and then be students on top of that which is their full-time job.

3 Likes

Geez, RTcoog, you brought all that back into my memory. I had forgotten about half of it. The article is a bit biased assuming the dad Vinny is right. I got to know Raynor some from those glory baseball years which were lots of fun especially the tailgating on Saturdays. Yep, he was hard core, had a temper, was tough on his players. But my God Vinny made a fool out of himself with all that ranting over and over for years.

My kids would be so embarrassed for me and for themselves if I pulled that nonsense for years.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words! And yes, me and his dad have watched that scoop and score at least 100 times! :wink: We are blessed to have a college player. His twin also had offers to play college ball but chose the military instead. We never thought when they were 8 years old in little league, would we be watching him on TV!

13 Likes

You are welcome!!

I don’t blame you. Thounsands upon thounsands more watches and smiles and big grins to come into the future decades!!! Probably some tears also.

:+1: :grinning: :joy:

3 Likes

Funny.

I thought Derek caught the ball like a tight end and ran it like a full back. He didn’t hesitate at all.

4 Likes

I haven’t watched 100 times, but at least more than a dozen. Derek was really hauling it on the way to the end zone.

3 Likes

I don’t know any of the parties in the baseball thing, and have no opinion on it, but has anyone else noticed that baseball, more than any other game, causes dads to lose their minds? My boy was never going to be a great baseball player, but it was so much fun to play. He played at West University Little League, and I watched some of those dads writhe in agony, as their fantasies of future big league greatness fell apart. And pitcher was usually the position that they assumed would bring the scouts.

2 Likes

So true! Derek’s twin played baseball. Baseball dads are on a whole different level and it starts at T-ball! Never seen anything like it.

3 Likes

TWINMOM: Might I ask in what branch of our military is Derek’s brother serving?

3 Likes