Bauer Marketing Senior, Megan Thothong, Earns Top Collegiate Golf Honor

http://bauerticker.uh.edu/student-success/bauer-marketing-senior-earns-top-collegiate-golf-honor/

“One day when I was hitting on the driving range, a man named Clark Mitzner saw me and came up and asked if I knew which college I would play for yet. After answering no, he informed me about UH and the start of their women’s program,” she said. “I became one of the first players in the school’s history to commit to playing women’s golf, which is such an amazing honor. Not many college athletes are able to say that they were one of the trailblazers for their respective college sport.”

Since arriving at UH, Thothong has made a name for herself in the women’s collegiate golf program, becoming the top player on her team in tournament victories, strokes and rounds played. She received the Individual Champion award at the UNF Collegiate in 2015 and 2016, and earned a sixth overall finish at the American Athletic Conference Championships this April. She is also the first female golf player in the university’s history to compete in three NCAA regionals and win multiple individual tournament titles.

1 Like