BAYLOR- Another investigation of football players involving sexual assault from November

“Did they assault the horses or the riders?”

thought that the Aggies were a cow people. No?

1 Like

You’re going to have to explain where the “cover up” is.

It’s an active investigation, with both the Waco PD and the Baylor Title IX compliance department conducting inquiries. The press learned of the incident and reported on it. Baylor couldn’t discuss any particulars even if they wanted to.

2 Likes

Hardly. lol I don’t think football and equestrian are synonymous.

So baylor has been under the “microscope” for the last few years now. By all accounts the waco pd and baylor pd knew this was going on.
Let me ask you this:
Isn’t time that unbiased law enforcement personal investigate these latest allegations?
So none of these abject acts fall under this?

The first two alone make the case.
The student athlete is an athlete and represents his/her School.
What is the ncaa waiting for to include it plainly into their by laws that any sexual misconduct is unacceptable?
What will it take? People wonder why ratings are down. Look no further.

Fudge all that. Just hurry up and KICK baylor out and take the Coogs in!! Wake the fudge up big 12!

1 Like

I don’t know guys. That’s the thing about Baylor - you’re living under a microscope now. You’re going to find real problems at any program when viewing it under a microscope.

To put it in perspective, UH football has had a case of sexual assault under the watch of that really nice and swell guy, Levine. Do you pin it on Levine? Do you pin it on UH culture? Or do you pin it on physically overdeveloped but mentally underdeveloped teenagers with raging hormones that do really stupid things?

Not to change topic but this is the concern with K Briles now being on board. It’s not just the X’s and O’s and it isn’t even about any influence he has on UH culture. By the hire, UH placed itself under a similar Baylor microscope. Stuff that would have been under-reported or typically managed by ‘violation of team rules’ pressers will be broadcast for everyone to see. UH will need to be squeaky clean because anything that happens, you can bet it will be reported and sensationalized.

Sleh,
Thanks for a reasonable perspective that I hadn’t considered or heard before. I didn’t even know about the Levine era thing. Without being too specific , do you recall how the rules violation was handled by Levine - 1 game suspension thing ??? Hoping for a good,safe, and clean season for all.

It can be sensationalized. That’s fine. The question is, will HPD sweep the allegations under the rug like Waco PD? I doubt it. How long will it be until Baylor is held accountable for their actions (or lack thereof), from years ago? I feel as if they have immunity. It’s sickening.

It’s kind of hypocritical to be throwing everyone at Baylor under the bus while supporting the hiring our new “vetted” coaches. I’m sure we found the two innocent needles in the haystack right?

2 Likes

Damn shaggy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well shaggy, I think we can all acknowledge that through our vetting we probably at least got to “less guilty”

But yeah highly doubtful we found the two innocent angels, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The point is that it doesn’t matter what HPD does. The damage will be done to the program whether there is merit or not. See Baylor - although minus any criminal charges, they have gone from top of the P5 to a bottom dweller.

Shaggy is right. It’s pretty hypocritical of us Coogs to celebrate the hires of rape-regime Baylor coaches and then turn around and bang on Baylor missteps.

But that’s just our times, I guess. Having morals and dignity is important until it is inconvenient.

1 Like

Or one can realize that the problem lies in the Institution and City of Waco and not specific coaches. They did cover up murders and rapes by other university athletic teams there.

4 Likes

If the tree is rotten, there’s a pretty good chance the fruit it produces is rotten

Same here and my wife got her nursing degree and I got my MHA from Baylor. No child of mine will ever go there. EVER!!!

I’m ignoring the rest of your post. lol I’ll respond to this.

Ask yourself, if Briles wasn’t fired would they be a “bottom dweller”? They just had a major coaching change due to that. Firing a coach is enough to kill their momentum regardless of scandal. We need to separate the two. Also, Rhule was a bad fit for Baylor from the onset. He’s a defensive minded coach going to coach athletes that weren’t forced to play defense (Big 12 ). Wait until he gets his guys in there (see what he did at Temple, it’s remarkable). Like us hiring CKB, winning cures all. If we start winning, the media guys will hush, and our pessimistic fans will return to cheering like the rest of us. Public opinion holds no baring or reflection of the University of Houston. The only people that are swayed by misinformation and spotty journalism are the ones who refuse to think critically.

You might think a little more critically about that statement and what it implies to others. (even if you didn’t mean “cures all” literally)

So true, shaggy. Whether it’s winning or losing, if the lawsuits expose ugly, devastating behavior, if there is any association with our personnel, that’s what will matter. It’s somewhat incredulous to think that “winning” can offset the heinous association with rape and institutional neglect.

To me, it is incredulous to think that anyone associated with UH would ever use the word “heinous” to refer to another UH alumnus who has never been charged with any wrong doing.

2 Likes