BAYLOR- Another investigation of football players involving sexual assault from November

But Wood, KB is associated with a heinous institution and it’s culture of cover up and rape. Not only that he is a vocal defender of Baylor and his dad. Now he’s under litigation so saying anything now would be really dumb, but to be clear of his association b with Baylor at some point he’s going to have to bury them and his dad publicly.

UH alumnus or not he was employed at an institution that allowed heinous things to occur and covered them up. The odds of him being pure as driven snow are pretty low.

Now our vetting may successfully shield us from getting caught in litigation but that’s it. Hiding behind “he hasn’t been charged” is a pretty flimsy excuse. Lots of bad things happen that don’t get charged in criminal court.

But it’s also time we get off or high horse about Baylor scandals until KB publicly denounces them. He was there in the thick of it, maybe he’s just a guy who got caught up in it. I hope so, and I hope when it’s down that he is he kills Baylor in public and puts the stain of his association with that institution behind him. But until then we’ve definitely leaned more toward winning than ethics with this hire.

Any context surrounding that statement or are we taking it as face value like those who don’t think critically and are afraid of the mean things the media will say?

To make it more clear, your “cures all” statement, makes it sound like you are saying, as long as you are winning, it makes up for covering up/looking the other way when bad things are going on.

When applicable to an assistant coach who has not been charged with anything, and a small portion of his new fan base that are paranoid, then yes; winning does “cure all”. One post we praise RK for everything she’s done for this university, and the next people are exposing their distrust in her making the right decision (or taking safeguarding precautions) when she hired CKB.

1 Like

It’s funny how often people use the “trust” card when they agree with a decision and then turn around and complain about decisions by the same person when they don’t agree. How many people played that trust card when Levine and Dickey were hired? Others play the “so you think you know better than the other person?”

You could honestly dismiss the trust portion of my post. It was unrelated.

Idk man. I don’t agree or disagree with the hiring of CKB. I’m one of those people who are naturally skeptical but play it by ear. I’d rather do that than work myself up about it. You know like, comment on a post regarding a Baylor investigation when the old coaches are no longer there. You know, like, suggesting that a man (not found guilty of any charges) has something to do with the new investigation when evidence suggests he doesn’t. You know, like immediately jump to conclusions? No I would rather not do all of that. CKB has an alibi, it’s called “I’m not at Baylor, blame the new coaching staff, the admin, or Waco PD, but not me”.

Perhaps you misunderstood. The term was applied to the egregious acts that were committed, e.g., rape, that are well documented.

Not taking up for BU by any stretch, but there have been numerous instances of campus rapes all over the country and many have involved athletes. Take Michigan State for example, and much of that is still unraveling…

I trust you’re not suggesting that the frequency makes rape less egregious.

What I am saying is that it is going on at many campuses, including UH…geez. This is a national problem, not just Baylor…I wonder how many other schools have covered up such acts? Well, maybe not Louisville since they simply supply prostitutes…

Big 12 needs to kick them out already and take the Coogs. The CONFERENCE would benefit!

2 Likes

Most Big 12 fans would agree with you.