Baylor Attendance

Off-topic, but another thread prompted me to bring this up.

I’m going to the WVU - Baylor game on Saturday afternoon in Waco… I was shocked I could buy 25 dollar general admission seats last night. I figured the game would have been sold out long ago.

Two thoughts… 25 dollars, that’s a great deal, do we sell tickets for less than that? Also, I know their arena is bigger than ours, but I bet they have an attendance thread or two on their message boards.

Baylor has poor attendance since they don’t really care about bball in Waco. I have watched a few games this year and there were a lot of empty seats. Also seen some analyst talk about it on twitter.

1 Like

While watching the Baylor/UT game last night it occurred to me that the Astros could really take a page out of Baylor’s reputation-building book. What other school has endured such nasty scandals to emerge with highly ranked teams in almost every sport? Who would have ever thought that UT would be dominated by Baylor?? Baylor??

2 Likes

Bring pepper spray. The Baylor campus is far more dangerous than the Third Ward area (and pretty much the rest of Houston).

1 Like

Seems to be a theme for top 25 Texas basketball programs.

1 Like

That’s nonsense. The city has some bad areas, but the campus is as safe as any in Texas.

1 Like

The actual campus may be safe*…but if you’re anywhere near any of their athletic teams, you’ll want to carry the pepper spray.

5 Likes

Wear Red. Be Loud. Go Coogs!

1 Like

Did you notice the very large number of empty sets in the ut arena…this with the might longhorns playing the number 1 team in the nation !!!

I got $2 general admission tickets back in December for a Baylor game. Last time I ever got tickets that cheap was the previous season going to a UT game.

2 Likes

I’ve been in an active shooter lockdown one of the two times I’ve been on Baylor campus, when I was there for a campus recruiting event a couple of years ago.

2 Likes

It is college basketball in Texas. Just not a popular sport in the state for whatever reason. Tech has plenty of empty eats in their upper deck for some games coming off a national title game. Most Texas schools draw poorly until the 2nd semester unless a big time opponent comes to the arena. It is what it is. Crazy, IMO college basketball is the best sport to attend in person. Like Palillo says almost daily on his show, the Fertitta Center is the best game experience of any sport at any level in Houston

3 Likes