Baylor fans Meltdown: worried about 0-24

Texas to the B1G would be a dream come true for me. I foresee they would go the way of Nebraska. PSU is back. THE OSU, the team from up north (I grew up in Ohio during the Woody Hayes era), Wisconsin, and usually a sleeper or two would eat them alive. B1G is, at the end of the day, a smash-mouth conference, regardless of what the scores look like.

David Sibley, Chief Finance Officer of the Senate at the time, and a Baylor grad, worked with Bullock to ensure Baylor was included. They basically pulled enough senators together to seriously threaten the PUF at the time and UT and A&M pulled them along (A&M had actually been trying to go to the SEC, but got pulled into the Big12 because of the threats).

For now, expansion is on hold until UT/OU figure out what they want to do. Word is that OU wants to get in the B1G or SEC. If it happens, the dominoes will start falling again, but nothing’s probably happening for at least 5 years.

So I guess Richards gets drug into it because she’s a BU grad also, but the larger point remains that politics played an essential role in their getting into the conference. I am sure politics will play an essential role in deciding who ends up where when teams start to leave or the conference breaks up. It will also play a role, I believe, in shutting us out of future P5 realignments.

That is true enough, but save an ember or two in your fiery ball of hate for UT. The big 8 was initially proposing a full merger with the SWC. It was Texas who desired to leave all but them and A&M behind. Baylor and Tech got in for the political reasons mentioned. In the end, we were the only state school left on the outside looking in.

3 Likes

yes

Baylor going 0 fer the season would make my year.

I really don’t think there’s any doubt that Baylor is going 0 fer this year. Their only shot is a W against Kansas and I have to believe even Kansas is better than Liberty. Guess we’ll see.

Who wins? AKA who do you hate less?

• Baylor
  • Texas

0 voters