OT: Baylor Scandal(s)

Well, at this point this is just a lawsuit and nothing has been proven. But if ANY of that is true, those criminal investigations better be opened back up and jail cells filled. If the NCAA doesn’t punish Baylor at all for this, I can’t see any use in keeping the NCAA around. Not sure what purpose that organization serves at this point.

1 Like

How many recruits did we lose to this evil disgraceful university? It’s unfathomable that recruits are going there and that they have a P5 membership.

2 Likes

4 i think

Five so far I think, more to come

Getting pretty close to that time to burn the whole place down.

1 Like

MORE TO COME? That is ridiculous

So…when are those decommits gonna start happening :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I doubt decommits happen.

The NCAA is scared about a Penn State like reversal happening again and won’t get involved, until hard evidence comes forward. Problem is that Baylor is a private school and doesn’t have to provide any information to the NCAA other than what is required.

DOE has finally put Baylor on their list of Title IX investigations, but the list is long and Title IX is under fire from the new administration. Depending on what happens, those investigations may never happen.

Until these cases go to court and Baylor is found responsible, no one can really do anything. More than likely, Baylor boosters will throw some more hush $$$ at it, and nothing will happen.

It’s sickening that the Big 12 hasn’t stepped in yet, but not surprising. Baylor has no chance of a safe landing come next go around if the Big 12 doesn’t stay together.

2 Likes

Didn’t Baylor’s own investigation show evidence of 17 cases of rape? It may not be enough evidence to prosecute criminally but the standard for NCAA regulations is far less than that.

That makes me so sick! …

The investigation wasn’t put on paper and only briefed orally to the Baylor BOR so there’s no telling what was actually found. All we know is that they fired Briles, Starr, and a couple of low-level football staffers immediately and then forced McCaw out as AD.

1 Like

More info will come with the lawsuits it’s only going to get worst for Baylor.

To say nothing about the B12, who got the finger from Baylor for requesting information. Not the B12 ever had any intentions of doing anything. I always believed that the expansion talk was for real, but more and more it appears it was a deflection by the B12 from the Baylor stink. They succeeded.

Was this worse than SMU paying their players? Or even Penn State?

I really believe paying players hurts the economic model and status quo. This is why the NCAA is so quick to issue sanctions when pay or agents are involved. Although Dez Bryant did lie about lunch, should a lunch have cost him his senior year and guys that are beating and raping women are allowed to play?

Very surprised Baylor not feeling a bigger impact from this mess to their Christian brand. There are definitely upperclassmen on campus that were a part of the culture.

Coogfans and Ricardo

Pray10 has a thread dedicated to this on the “other sports” section. Can this discussion be moved over?
This website is great but if we start having multiple thread on the same subject it diminishes the entire discussion.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2017/01/28/baylor-football-sexual-assault-lawsuit-art-briles?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Good rundown of the legal cases from both sides. Plaintiff may have exceeded the statute of limitations, but it will depend on how the court sees it.

Comes to the conclusion that this will probably be settled out of court as Baylor’s insurance companies aren’t going to want any more details coming out.

https://twitter.com/Baylor/status/825534309805195264

The only way for Baylor to go forward is to take drastic actions. They call themselves a Christian School? In the midst of what has happened they should shut down their football program for an indefinite period of time. Just think of the message that they would be sending to the rest of the Country? You think it is extreme? Let me ask you. Do you remember a time when these types were prevalent? I don’t. Rape or sexual assault has happened before but “Baylor has acknowledged 17 reports of sexual and physical attacks involving 19 players from 2011 to fall 2016” This clearly tells us that Baylor was not only out of control but that this was known for years. So the administration turned a blind eye and let criminals of the worst kind run the School like they wanted. When you take just a few seconds to think about it this is truly UNBELIEVABLE.
pennentatiary state should have done the same thing. They did not. It seems like we are inventing new lows after new lows. When is this going to stop? It won’t stop unless something drastic happens. That is the harsh reality in all of this.
They call themselves Christians? They are proving to everyone that they are the opposite.

Should shut down basketball and football until issues are worked out.

But Baylor’s issues have gone back decades. I did a post on the other site about a year ago listing all their transgressions going back 50 years when it comes to football/sports and it was a long post. If I have time, I’ll try to find it again. Still makes me laugh that the Aggies/Longhorns were trying to get away from corruption when they left the SWC and then turned around and took Baylor.

Maybe this will be the lawsuit where details leak out since Baylor is going to challenge it.

A Baylor spokesman said the university will challenge the charges.
“Baylor contends this suit is completely without merit, and we will defend the university aggressively,” spokesman Jason Cook said. “We look forward to presenting our defense in a court of law.”